My Big Three are: Finances, Education, and Fitness.
Those are the things that really need attention in my life. We have some debt. It's a lot to me, but to other people I'm sure it's not much. I'd like to get rid of it, so I've begun new repayment plans and hope that within a year or so it's gone. Well, my husband's student loan repayments are just now kicking in, so that'll be a loooong time but the rest can be paid off within a year if I'm diligent.
School is a thorn in my side. I never finished my degree because I changed my major several times and I just couldn't afford to finish in 4 years. I was working to put myself through and I was not eligible for student loans. Now I'm back in school with loans and working full time with a toddler is H A R D. If I was a better student, I'd probably do a lot better but I am just sick to death of school. I love it in theory, but the actual work sucks. Maybe I should change my major to something I enjoy studying, but I've changed my major so many times that I feel like I shouldn't. I can't afford to be in school forever and my options are limited to mainly online classes.
Fitness. You've all heard it many times from me before. I seriously need to lose weight. I know working out will make me feel better. I'm stuck in that rut of "I'm too tired to go workout." I need to just make myself go. It gets easier after I've done it a few times. It will make me feel SO much better. I know, I know, I KNOW. Seriously. I do.
So, I'm making progress on two of my three. Now I just need a nap before I work on the third. :)
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are currently trying to pay off a home equity loan. We put every spare penny toward that loan, which means that we often have nothing in our bank account. Then John and I start snapping at each other about money, which sucks. Just last night we got in a fight about our trip back to KY in December. We can't travel on NOTHING, so I suggested no paying extra on the loan. John just wanted to take the money from savings. We don't have much in our savings account, so I don't like this plan. Because what if something happened and we needed fast cash? Then we would have to rely on credit cards again.
Wow, I didn't mean to write you a novel, but money has been weighing heavy on my mind lately.
Also, I am the worst at exercising. I am lucky that I stay home with the kids, and we keep a pretty active schedule. Otherwise, I would be a huge couch potato.
Post a Comment