Halle-freakin-leujah!
My doc's office called this morning and told me that the parameters for the 3 hour GTT are set a little low and my OB thinks anything 130 or less on the last one is fine. Mine was 128. YAY!!! No nutrition class and no extra monitoring -- for now. I took this as my wakeup call and still plan on sticking with a lower carb diet.... right after I finish this chocolate cake. :) ha. Just kiddin.
One other thing that has me convinced I need to stick with lower carbs is that my OB also wants me to consider taking weekly progesterone injections. These injections are to prevent having another preterm baby. So I told her I'd think about it while I researched it. From what I've read so far, the side effects seem to be: headaches, dizziness, and higher likelihood of gestational diabetes. Well, I'm already having headaches and occasional dizziness, so that will stink. And I'd more than likely (in my oh so not professional opinion) get GD, so I'm def sticking with the low carb diet to keep things under control.
The shots are not covered by my insurance and I'll have to get them from now until 36 weeks. They're not cheap, but from what she's told me, they're do-able. I just hope I don't have to consume a bottle of Tylenol before this pregnancy is over. :)
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I knew Bailey was preterm, but I don't think you ever told the story behind that. Did you just go into labor early?
Post a Comment