Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jiff's Jibber Jabber.

Joe and I have been enjoying our time off from school. Classes begin Monday the 11th and I'm registered for 5 classes, all but one are online. Joe is taking 4 classes and then he'll graduate this May. YAY!! We just have to find him a job in his field now. That will be a challenge.

BMD (Baby Mamma Drama) has been happening, although we're waiting for the real poostorm to hit. Just a matter of time. I think the court system is a joke and don't expect any help there. Fathers are given a bum deal and egg donors aren't necessarily mothers and don't deserve automatic custody with no rights for the father. Just sayin'. Some egg donors just want their monthly paycheck and blow it on their unemployed "husband."

Does anyone have an explanation for why Bayley seems to think that she's Miss ToughGirl and has been in her Terrible Twos since around 12-13 months old? Ugh. She wears me out. She says, "NO, Mommy! Mean Mommy! Nooooo!" when I suction her very snotty nose. She hits and pushes like nobody's business. She doesn't even turn 2 until the end of March, and I hear it's worse when she's 3... I'm just gonna die now.

I'm taking Joe to see Avatar at the IMAX theatre in 3D on Saturday as our Date Day. My mom is going to watch the kiddos and we're going to an early lunch and then to see the movie. $25.50 for TWO tickets for a matinee. This movie better rock my socks off.

I started menu planning. Last night I gave Joe several recipes and told him to pick 4. He did, so I made a grocery list right then of what we needed and then we went to the grocery store and bought only those ingredients and then sandwich meat, bread, and fruit. Tonight will be my first night of cooking from the menu. I think it made Joe feel good to choose his dinners and go grocery shopping with me.

We're starting out easy on the menu plan:
Chicken fajitas
Beef pepper steak
Chicken enchiladas
Baked ziti

Sunday we'll do the process over again, but with 7 meals. We'll have enough to take leftovers for lunch the next day and anything left after that will go to the neighbors. I've removed all the candy from our house and our "snacks" are fruit. We still have less than healthy stuff in our house, but we're just slowly making changes.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for time off and making healthy changes! This is the best time of year to do it, I think. Don't know WHY exactly, it just IS.

Boo on bratty babies. My kid is driving me nuts. He is so creative with his naughtiness I definitely feel like he is the brains of this operation. I am just his maid.

Christy said...

I have been planning meals too. I no longer have the "there isn't enough food to make anything for dinner. Let's eat out instead!" excuse.

Stephanie said...

You're making awesome menus-sounds very yummy!!!

I hate that you're still going through the drama-I pray that ends for you guys soon!!!!!

I know you said you were going through some stuff earlier-if you wanna talk you know where I'm at :)

Hugs

Katie Marie said...

your menu sounds yummy.

Hunter went through his first naughty stage at arond 18 months. Then he was pretty good all through 2 then he turned 3 and OMG is he bad.

Lainey-Paney said...

Other menu options since it's cold outside: soups & stews! If you have a crock-pot, it's time to pull it out & slooooow cook some stuff.
And---I had some of my neighbor's BBQ ribs that they made in the crock pot. I was in Heaven!

And chili....mmmmm.

misguidedmommy said...

isn't menu planning great? i love having food left over for lunch it is so inexpensive and you know you and your husband are eating something you like. especially in winter when you get to eat something hot and warm the next day.

they say age two is bad, three is worse and four will kill you. so far SO VERY VERY TRUE.

Good luck with that one honey.

PS come answer the question on my blog

Stefanie said...

Can I come over to eat? Dang.

Heidi said...

Wow good luck! Sounds like you have a great plan going there. Are you going to post the recipes and results?