Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Relationships.

I have reconnected with a friend of mine from high school that found me a couple of years ago on MySpace. He emailed me this HUGE email and talked about what he's been up to, told me about his wife and kids, and recounted some memories of our high school days. I was so enthralled in the email that I just stopped working the rest of the day and emailed him back. Since then, we have kept in touch via texting, email, and one phone call. Then we friended each other on FaceBook and had a lot of laughs.

Recently I thought it may be appropriate to make an effort to get to know his wife. I mean, it just seems weird to me that I am all chatty with my friend but don't really know his wife. I knew of her back in high school (she went to a different one than us) but that is it. Guess I'm old fashioned, but I believe that boundaries change for opposite sex friends once one of you gets married. Nothing ever happened between my friend and me, nor was there ever a hint of it. He was like my big brother and was very protective of me.

She and I kind of talked on FB by making fun of her husband, but never really had our own conversation. I asked my friend if I could get her cell number and if it was okay for me to text her. He was pretty psyched about it so I texted her immediately. It has only been a few days, but she and I already have established a really good friendship so far. The day after we first texted, she sent me the sweetest email saying how she enjoyed our chat and was looking forward to getting to know me.

We live in neighboring states, about 8 hours of a drive away, so we won't get to hang out in person. They won't be moving because he has a fabulous job with a Big Company and my husband hates that state because they don't have whitewater for kayaking. Guess our visits will be limited to when they come to visit family or if we win the lotto and can go visit them.

All in all, I am excited about my new friend.

5 comments:

PinkPiddyPaws said...

I think that is most excellent AND awesome of you. Way to go!!

Jen said...

Can we all just win the lotto. I swear if I win I am going to give a million dollars to each one of my blogging friends so that we can all visit each other whenever we want and go on vacation with very expensive, top of the line nannies included!

Christy said...

Good for you! I am not the most social person, so I probably never would have contacted his wife. But I think that it is great that you are establishing a relationship with both.

misguidedmommy said...

ugg ugg ugg last time something like this happened it ended very very bad, apparently the guy had told many lies to his wife with out telling me, so when we started reminiscing and his wife found out all the lies he told, shit hit the fan dumb stupid dumb

misguidedmommy said...

btw your background is still thanksgiving you big nerd