I posted this on Facebook and a friend suggested a Crib Tent. She said it has saved her sanity and her child still sleeps in the crib. I googled it and lo and behold, it appears I can prevent the toddler bed for another year! It looks like a white mesh tent that attaches to the top of the crib and zips from the outside, so I can lock her in there for another year.
I know this is really selfish, but I think every mom (and dad) will totally understand my reasoning. I love sleep. I really, really love sleep. And I like to sleep in on the weekends. I like to sleep at least 8 straight hours without worry, interruptions, or strange noises. If Bayley were to transition to her toddler bed now (her crib converts to a toddler bed then a twin bed), then I would be up worrying that she's destroying her room, found a way to open her bedroom door (she's still a teensy bit too short), and is roaming the house or found something that will harm her. This means I get NO sleep. Not a good way to go.
So, all that said, has anyone tried this Crib Tent? What are your thoughts on them? Am I just really selfish?
*The photo below is not Bayley's room. It's just a photo from the internet.

5 comments:
Those things freak me out, I liken it to being put in a cage. I had a friend who used one to keep her cat out of the baby's bed. Her kid figured out how to get the tent off and would get tangled in it.
I'm sure that's the exception to the rule but I would just switch to the toddler bed. It was scary but it was so much easier than I expected.
I totally agree with you, and support you 100%. I didn't transition Porgie to a toddler bed until was was 3 1/2 (actually, my husband decided to convert her crib). Izzy, who is a little older than Bayley, is still in his crib. I have no plans to switch him over to a toddler bed any time soon.
Girl you do whatever you have to do.
I had to transition Caleb into a toddler bed when he was 18 months old because he was climbing not only out but in his crib also.
I didn't know you were on facebook..look me up. I'm under Stephanie King Yearwood
I hope it works and let us know how it goes..I would be nervous they would get caught in it but I am sure they make them so that would never happen..looks secure from the pic..I would be nervous too but I think if she loves her crib then milk it for as long as you can..
These look like a good idea to me. Especially since, daycare said she is starting to climb out of her pack n' play at nap time. Let me know how it goes!
Post a Comment