Been going through a lot of turmoil with my husband's ex-girlfriend, Z's mother. She's made a lot of changes and they are not for the better. Poor Z is suffering but she convinces him that these changes are exciting! I don't like seeing him used as a pawn and her worst qualities are starting to rub off on Z. While she makes these reckless changes, there's a wake of destruction and I'm cleaning up her mess.
While this mess goes on, I had the stomach flu last week and was m i s e r a b l e. Thankfully that only lasted a few days. Now I have a raging sinus infection and am going to the doctor tomorrow for antibiotics. Hopefully my face doesn't explode from all the sinus pressure in the meantime.
We're in the process of doing a home loan modification. It's very stressful because I like to get things done and not leave big things hanging in the air. They take their time and I am trying to remind myself that it will all be worth it in the end to have our loan modified with a lower interest rate, thus lowering our monthly house payment. That would be very nice.
School is keeping me busy. I'm taking 15 hours and all but one class is online so I try to work on it during the day at work or in the evenings after Bayley has gone to bed. So far I'm keeping my face above water, but I really need Spring Break to come so I can get caught up. I'm taking a day off of work to relax, enjoy the weather, and get some stuff done.
I dug Bayley's summer clothes out of the attic and she's still in a 6-9 month waist! The capris look more like long shorts on her, but at least they fit in the waist. The 12 month shorts and capris still won't fit. I'm sure she'll fit by the end of the summer, but DANG. She'll be 2 in 2.5 weeks! She can wear bigger shirts like 2T, they're just long on her. She has no summer shoes yet but a friend gave us a pair of white crocs in a size 5 that fit her, thankfully. Her little foot is finally getting into shoe sizes that I don't have to special order. I can buy them straight out of Target, Old Navy, Children's Place, etc. :)
I'll leave you with this:

5 comments:
I just went out and bought new summer shoes for the kids. I always get sucked into buying too many types of shoes in the summer - we need scandals and flip flops and gym shoes. Gah.
I haven't started on spring/summer clothes yet but I need to do it quickly I think.
Love those shoes-I think crocs are so cute on kids!
Hope you start feeling better soon and got some great meds!
she's sooooooooo tiny!
Okay, that is not a baby anymore! I'm sorry you're still dealing with ex-girlfriend issues. It's something that just never goes away, does it? I suppose the trick is learning to become content with chaos and simply making the best choices possible. You are doing wonderful!
I hear you on all levels..I feel like things have just been so busy...great on the tent-glad it is working..poor Z..I know transition for him is hard and I love that you care so much about him..glad school is going well..I feel the same but it is taking up all my free time and making me feel like I have not time..Your little one is growing up so fast..hope the renovations go fast as I like things done too>
Post a Comment