Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Smarmy Salesmen.

Is it me, or are used car salesmen just smarmy? I get the creepy crawlies when I pull into a car lot.

My Blazer is ready to go to Car Heaven. I am sad but am kind of ready for a new vehicle. I do love my 1999 Blazer, for it has been a fantastic transporter of bodies and groceries for 7 years.

Yesterday this total JA was so excited to sell me a minivan for $15k more than the asking price. WTF ever. I brought my husband in to talk to him and Joe schooled that poostain. We walked away. I got like 6 or 8 emails afterward, with my payments and down payment getting smaller. I wasn't impressed.

We went to a few other places and finally found something that we loved and only had one minor issue that we noticed. We brought it to their attention and said we'd have to think on it and see if we could get enough of a downpayment to keep our payments lower. We did. So today we will go test drive, make a couple of requests, and hopefully sign away any extra money we had for the next few years.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, good luck!
Keep us posted!

Stephanie said...

Most of them are creepy for sure! Good luck. You will have to let me know if you got it or not! :)

Christy said...

Buying a new car is always tough. Good luck friend!