Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year Resolutions

This is the first year I didn't think, "I need to prepare my resolution list!" I have barely thought anything about it until yesterday when a friend asked me what my resolutions were. Of course I have things I need and want to improve about myself, but I guess my timelines are a little different since I'm back in school full time. I think of my life in terms of semesters now, I guess.

This spring semester, I need to make all A's and B's. I need to make sure I don't drop any classes and I really learn the basics of my major. I've had two intro courses in accounting and I don't feel like I know much more than when I began. This is a big deal because when I'm through with school, I really need to take the CPA exam so I can ask for the big $$. That, and I'd really like to have some fancy schmancy initials after my name. :)

Every year most people want to Lose Weight! or Get Healthy! and yeah, I want to do those too, but I'm more focused on getting back into running again. It has been about 10 years since I laced up my shoes for a 2 mile jog and I really miss it. I miss the feeling you get after you've just run 2 miles and have taken a nice hot shower or bath, then are laying around in your jammies watching tv. I miss wearing single digit sized clothing. I know it will happen if I run. That's the best way to drop weight.

If I drop all this weight, I'm nervous about saggy skin and all that goes with losing a considerable amount of weight. My husband says I'm young enough that my skin still has enough elasticity, but I'm not THAT young. I don't know if he's just saying that to convince himself or what.. but we shall see.

We have a little debt that I'd like to get paid off. Mainly medical bills, but a couple of Joe's old credit cards in addition to we now have to start paying on his student loans since he graduated in May. He has the same job with the same pitiful pay, so we're going to have to explore our options with repayment.

Those are some pretty standard resolutions but there you have it. :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

We have medical bills too - those seem to take a backseat when you have all the everyday stuff to take care of first.

I need to start exercising too - I ran yesterday on the treadmill but I need the motivation to continue doing it :(

Hugs to you!

Lindz said...

You are so right about that feeling after running (and how great it is to take a hot shower and veg.) The other great thing about it besides the obvious health perks, is how much it helps to clear your head or work out things while you run. I find that running + school work, go really well together.

Christy said...

Losing weight is hard, but you can do it! I find that getting started is the hardest part. Then it becomes addicting. I am currently trying to get back on track with my diet.

And money? We seem like we can never get ahead.

misguidedmommy said...

have just uploaded the worlds most embarrassing video blog, please come by and vote, who is right? Me or my husband?