Joe insisted we get a test from a doctor's office because he doesn't believe in the validity of a home pregnancy test, despite my telling him it's very rare to have a false positive. So yesterday we went to my PCP and yes, we are indeed prego.
It took us 2 years and many failed attempts. My struggle with getting pregnant has not been as extreme as other people I know, but it has been my struggle. I never tried fertility treatments or anything, but I did try ovulation kits and finally started tracking my cycles with an iphone app called Period Tracker. Over a year into it, it has my cycles (which are VERY irregular) nailed. It's pretty amazing. My average cycle length is not the "average" 28 days. Mine is 50. So you can imagine why I was never getting pregnant. Being in school full time (for a year or so, both Joe and I were both FT students), both of us working full time, and Joe taking on several side jobs, it left little time or energy for anything else. Add two kids into the mix and it is crazy we managed our schedules the way we did.
So, he finally graduated May 2010 and a few months ago he finished his last side job. So I guess God was telling us to wait until we slowed down a bit. I'm still in school but my grades have been terrible and I lost my financial aid. This summer I took 9 hours to bring my GPA up and to become eligible to reapply for financial aid. I got two B's and an A, so I know I can do better. Now that we have a baby on the way, it has reiterated to me that I need to just get my $h!t together and crank out those classes and graduate already. If I can stay on track, I should graduate with an accounting degree May 2013. Let's cross our fingers and toes on that. Seeing as how I'll deliver sometime in the middle of Spring 2012, that may not happen.
Anyway...
with prego symptoms... I know someone is dying to hear about them. ha.
Very tender boobies, almost constant nausea (no tossing cookies, though, thankfully), and a little constipation. Isn't that fun?
Went to the store last night to get some groceries and feeling like a great grandma, I got some prunes. Bayley saw the individually wrapped ones and thought it was chocolate, so she INSISTED on getting them. I figured since she has poop issues too, why not? So last night she ate two of them. And loved them. Hope the fireworks happen at daycare. ha.
First OB appt is 9/2 so I hope to get an ultrasound that day. Then I'll have photos to post. :)
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always end up taking like 29 pregnancy tests, because I just don't trust those darn sticks. So, I totally understand where Joe is coming from. Except you used a fancy test, and I always buy my tests from the dollar store (I am cheap).
So excited to hear all the details! The constipation will only get worse. What helped with this pregnancy was eating whole grains. Fiber one cereal really is quite effect and it tastes good too.
Post a Comment