Friday, August 26, 2011

Barf.

With this pregnancy (so far) and also with Bayley, the thought of eggs made me gag. Funny how certain foods and smells make you want to barf. The other day at Target the popcorn smelled a little burnt in the snack area as I was in the check out line. I had to breathe through my nose. Waves of nausea rolled over me and I had to grip my cart before I succombed to the ickiness.

I don't remember if I was constantly nauseated with Bayley, but this pregnancy I definitely am. Bleh. I have had to take Zofran several times already. That is one miracle drug. I just hope it doesn't cause any harmful side effects. The docs I work for assure me it doesn't, but I'll ask my OB when I go for my first visit just in case. And if it's okay, I plan on asking for a TON of it.

The whole nausea thing has its upside: I don't want to eat but I eat just enough to ward off the icky feeling. Usually I eat a few saltines or a piece of bread. For lunch yesterday I had a small baked potato with a little butter. Last night I had a hard time keeping my pj pants up. I do remember losing weight in the beginning with Bayley too, so this is a good thing. Lord knows I can spare the poundage.

I just hope this pregnancy is as pleasant as with Bayley. I really enjoyed it. Now just ask me again in a few months. :)

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

duuuuude. Eggs. NO THANK YOU. I just posted about my egg phobia.

I think you should stay far far far away from them.

Oh man, I'm getting all twitchy thinking about them.

The other things that I ate that were bland but filling were plain bagels with plain cream cheese, and bean and cheese burritos with no sauce.

OMG....still thinking about the eggs.