Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cozy pants

I have had one pregnancy craving so far and it's still going strong: Taco Bell crunchy tacos. I want two of them with mild sauce. I have only eaten them a few times, but I could honestly eat them every night for dinner. Why can I not crave broccoli or something healthy? I do eat fruit and veggies, but I don't crave them.

I've been great about limiting caffeine. I like so many other drinks that it doesn't even bother me to have only 1 cup of coffee or none at all, to not have sweet tea (although I make it decaf with Splenda at home), or any other caffeinated beverage. I've been drinking sprite with fruit punch when I go out. Fun to mix them, like when I was a kid. Except I don't have all the flavors.

Finally got maternity clothes. I'm only 8 weeks (almost 9) but I feel bloated. My pants aren't buttoning, so I got some linen maternity pants from Old Navy and they have a stretchy waist but no panel. I had to roll them down so they'd stay on, but they are OH. SO. COMFY. And I got the softest tops that will stretch when my tummy balloons out. So nice, but they are more spring/summer wear. Fine for now, but I'll be getting slacks at some point. I also got a pair of maternity leggings. They were so soft and cozy that I wore them to bed last night. Slept like a baby. It was fantastic. I didn't care that I looked dumb...I felt cozy. :) I'm so thankful that most of my pregnancy will be during the colder months. I can pile on layers and thick, cozy socks and I'm getting all excited just thinking about it!

I'm so ready for fall.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Being 9 months pregnant in August wasn't very fun, so enjoy your winter pregnancy!

I bought 4 maternity shirts from Old Navy that looked like regular t-shirts, but the material was stretchy to accommodate a growing belly. Now that I am not pregnant, I can still wear those shirts and they don't look like maternity shirts at all. I highly recommend going this route to save money!

Jen said...

You're so cute! I seriously joke all the time that I would wear my maternity pants around just because I like the stretchy elastic waist. It allows for more liberal EATING. You know, you don't have to unbutton the peskly top button?!

It hasn't come to that yet, but.... not ruling it out!

:)

misguidedmommy said...

dude stop saying Cozy, you're making me want to go home, get in bed and go to sleep. Seriously after reading this I just want to leave and go sleep in some soft pants and fuzzy socks.