Joe and I cannot agree on a boy's name. We have a girl's name picked out already, but even that took me letting him choose a name and I gave final approval. We arrived at a middle name by going through a list of baby names on the internet and when I read the one we ended up choosing, we both immediately said, "I've never heard of that, but I like it!"
So if this baby is a boy, we are at the drawing board. Joe vetos EVERYthing. I love Mason, Bennett, Garrett, and Xander. He hates all of them but Xander. And he says he isn't sold on Xander, but maybe as a middle name. We also sort of like Xavier for a middle name. But we don't want too many "er" names because of our last name ending in "er."
We don't want anything super common or WAY out there. Joe hates last names as first names. I thought Davis was a cute name too. Nope. Last name. So, I already know how this will end up being resolved: Joe will decide on a couple of names he really likes and I'll choose the one I like. Hopefully I'll love one of them.
So I'm open to suggestions. No biblical names, Jackson is cute but there are WAY too many already. And it's a last name. He sort of likes Conner, but it's an "er" name.
And if you know me, then you know I need a name picked out for both genders just in case. And no, I'm not having twins. Just one baby. :)
Friday, September 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Names are hard. John and I picked out a girl and boy name when we first started dating. 10 years later, we actually used those names when we had children. But deciding on Guppy's name was soooooo hard. We went back and forth for MONTHS. Then we finally settled on a name and stopped obsessing over it. But then I actually gave birth, and my husband got all weird about the middle name. We actually ended up changing the middle name while we were at the hospital!
I'm partial to Connor becuase I have one...spelled with an "or". :)
Haha I LOVE last names as first names... I have already decided on a name for a girl... AND a boy if I ever decide to have another child, and both could be classified as last names. LOL. (Clarke and Carter)
Oh and my SIL just named her son Jaxon, so I agree it has become quite common.
Ugh names are hard. I am no help.
Post a Comment