Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tummy Troubles

Well, last night I spent holding Bay against my chest on her tummy so she could sleep. Sorta. Her tummy is really bothering her. The drops the pediatrician's office gave me make her sleepy and relaxes her tummy from the muscle spasms that they think she's having. That's great, but a side effect is constipation. So she grunts and balls up from that. She has had ONE BM in 5 days and it was small and really firm. This is day 2 since that BM so I'm hoping she has another one this weekend. If not, I'll be calling the doctor first thing Monday morning.

My question is: how the ^&%# am I supposed to figure out which is the lesser evil? I finally was able to put her down around 5am and was up with her til almost 7am. I slept from 7am to 1:45pm today. Joe came home from working all day (to get comp time) and I handed her to him. He took her and layed her on his chest and they fell asleep on the couch together. Z is watching cartoons and so I made a break for the door! This is the first time in ages I've been out by myself. I went to a wireless restaurant and got a very late lunch and am checking email, updating my blog, etc. It feels great. I miss Bay, but it feels nice to have some "me" time.

I can't wait to catch up on what's going on in the outside world and in everyone else's blogs. I seriously need internet access at home.

Anyway, here are some more pics...




I call this "Thoughtful Bay"My neighbor took these pics of her when she "borrowed" Bayley to take her to my neighbor's niece's birthday party.

And this is a typical picture of Bay in her carseat. I tell everyone that she has a pink halo. heh.

4 comments:

MMA Lady said...

Bless your heart! Eliza had lots of tummy troubles too. Is she on formula? If so, have you tried LactoFree or Soy? We tried everything with the girls for their colic and when Aaron went on formula, I didn't mess with it - I went straight to Soy and he was fine. I don't know - all babies are different. I'm praying for you! Glad you got to get out for a little while. Bayley is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Christy said...

We have the exact opposite problem with poop - Izzy's poo is the consistency of water. Yuck!

I am not a breastfeeding Nazi or anything (if you're not breastfeeding, I completely understand), but breastmilk is supposed to be a natural laxative.

You don't have internet access?!? How do you function!

angie said...

She is so cute and so little!! Hopefully her tummy issues get worked out here soon...I imagine that has got to be a rough one for you guys!

Shawna said...

Oh..I am sorry. Tummy problems are the pits. It doesn't seem like the medication is making her any more or less comfortable? I would consider talking to the doctor about seeing maybe if there was another option. If the spasms are gone but the constipation is now causing her pain, there really doesn't seem to be a benefit.

Do they think the tummy issue is related to being premature?

Ella had a lot of tummy troubles too. Sleep deprivation is rough. Have you guys tried a swing?

We had this position we held Ella in it was the only thing that really seemed to give her any relief. I feel for you guys. But like all things it will pass. Hang in there, sleep when you can. I remember people telling me to sleep when she slept. But it was so hard to do. There were always things to be cleaned or laundry to do. But SERIOUSLY SLEEP WHEN SHE SLEEPS!!!!

My thoughts are with you guys.