The glycerin supposotories help, and she was SO relieved when we did that the other day. It was amazing. She actually sighed some relief. I had a happy baby for a day. Now she's still straining to go and I just changed her to ProSobee so we'll see if that helps. HOWEVER, today she was screaming in agony because she was trying to poop. I had had it. I called the pediatrician's office and made an appt for Wednesday morning. This is just ridiculous to make her "rough it" until she's a few months past her due date. I'm going to ask for a stool softener or something. She shouldn't have to suffer like this. It hurt me to sit there helplessly while she screamed. I just held her and had to wait it out.
Thank you for all the supportive comments. And all the insight -- I totally appreciate it and can use all the advice I can get!
No pics to post today. Didn't bring my camera with me to upload anything. Sorry. :(
7 comments:
Wednesday morning seems like a loooong way off. Why didn't they let you bring her in today?
I'm glad it helped a little bit!! I can't believe they want to make you wait because she isn't technically "8 weeks old". I say if she has been living and breathing on here for 8 weeks then she is 8 weeks damn it!! I'm surprised they made you wait until Wednesday too!!
I'm also surprised about the Wed. appt. Bless your heart and Bayley's heart. Sweet baby. I hope the ProSobee will end up helping some. Soy always did the trick with my kids. I'm sorry ya'll are still having troubles! Can you use another suppository? Maybe that would help again.
Pobre bebe!! I had the SAME PROBLEM MYSELF (meaning ME not Cole) after I had him- I could not POOP for the life of me and when I did- it was more painful than giving birth. I can definitely sympathize and can't imagine having my newborn go through that. I would have definitely told the doctor's office that you needed to bring her in RIGHT AWAY! NO WAITING!
Good luck! I feel so bad for you guys, I can't imagine how disheartening that must be. Here's hoping the Dr. gets her feeling better real soon.
How was the appointment? I hope all is well and, *ahem*, moving right along!
Poor little thing. I hope you found something out at the doctor. I wouldn't be able to let her tough it out either. I'm sorry. Let us know how she is doing and see some pictures of the pretty girl. I'm so sorry she is having the trouble.
Post a Comment