Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks.


Thanksgiving is just around the corner and while my life is busy, I need to make the time to appreciate what I have:

* I have a beautiful, happy, healthy family. My husband is my best friend and life partner. He is my rock, my safe haven, and my love. My daughter is beautiful, feisty, and hilarious. Her comedic timing is impeccable. My stepson is the absolute sweetest little 7 year old you'll ever meet. He is affectionate, thoughtful, and very intelligent. I wish he lived with us full time, but I am thankful for the quality time we get together.

* I am thankful for my home, my neighbors, and our dogs. Our home isn't large, but it's ours and where I love to be with my family. My neighbors are wonderful people and I am thankful they live around us. Our two dogs are very sweet, affectionate dogs and while they often do something annoying, they are still very near and dear to our hearts.

* I am thankful for my job and school. My job is secure and I like what I do and enjoy my coworkers. I have great benefits and a lot of paid time off. In this day and age, that's a wonderful thing. School is stressful, but only because I care and want to do well. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to return to finish my degree.

* I am thankful for my mom. She comes over every weekend to spend the day with Bayley. She calls every night if I haven't called her first and she loves when I talk to her while Bayley is in the bathtub. My mom has changed into a new person since Bayley and for this I am grateful.

* I am thankful to have "met" so many online bloggy buddies and the emails and texts totally make my day. You know who you are and even though we've never met in person, I feel like I could call you if I really needed someone to talk to. Sometimes it's really nice to talk to someone who isn't a part of my daily life. Thank you for being so awesome!
* My real-life friends who are some of the warmest, most generous people I have ever met. It doesn't matter what their life is like, they still check in and still make time for me. Many of my friends I have known since elementary school, some from high school, and some from college. They all mean a great deal to me and it's awesome to have FaceBook to keep up with everyone. Say what you want about FB, but for me I have reconnected with a lot of people I have lost contact with. Within the last few months I have gotten some of the nicest messages, emails, and texts from people saying how they've been looking for me, and I had been looking for them as well. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be part of their lives again. Friends are a genuine gift.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sounds like you life is pretty great. I am glad:)

Heidi said...

Happy for you!