I'm kinda down lately. Financial struggles are exhausting me. The bad news is that our big tax return is gone and we were going to use part of it to build a new deck. That will have to wait now. We've wanted to tear down our old one and build a new one to enjoy our backyard more. Right now we don't ever really go out there much.
The silver lining to some of the struggles is that some major bills will be paid off by the end of April if all goes well and our house payment may go down by $200 a month because of a loan modification. I'm trying to see the silver lining of it all.
I started my period yesterday so we're not pregnant - again. My best friend pointed out to me what I was already thinking but didn't want to say out loud: it's probably for the best that I'm not pregnant right now because of the financial struggles. Yes, very true. I just hope for a positive pregnancy test within the next few months. In the meantime, I need to focus on school, finances, and losing some weight.
The shoes I mentioned in my previous post are, by far, the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. They make me want to walk and jog. Last night I took Bayley to Target (retail therapy for my blues) and it was cold so I ran and pushed the cart into the store. Then after waiting to buy her a smoothie for a few minutes, I realized I had left my wallet in the car so I RAN back out there to get it and RAN back in. Bayley thought it was exciting and fun to be whizzing across the parking lot in the cart, but it felt good to run. The best part? No shin splints or hurting feet. I realized I had gotten a decent mini workout (I had parked pretty far out) because I felt it in my lungs. It was a good feeling.
I haven't watched the dvd that comes with the shoes nor have I watched any videos on youtube or anything about them, so not sure what I'm supposed to do. I just wear them and am LOVING them. I just wish they had some dark brown ones too. I am wearing my black shoes with brown pants and a sweater with pink and brown. Shhh... don't tell! My pants cover them up pretty well, but I hope no one notices. I just didn't want to go back to my regular shoes.
So... my review so far...is that they are EXTREMELY comfortable and I bet running in them would be awesome. With my mini jog, they were fabulous. I hope to try them out for real (like really jogging in my neighborhood) this weekend.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is awesome that you can run in those shoes! I thought about getting the Reebok EasyTones, but you aren't supposed to run in them so, eh... I'd rather buy some that could be worn during workouts.
In my (limited) experience it tends to be harder to get preggo during times of stress, but that isn't anything you don't already know. It will happen. :o) So exciting to be TRYING! I am still not ready yet. Maybe next year ; )
I agree with Jen, stress isn't good for baby-making. When I am stressed, even my period goes all wacky. But how do you stop stressing?
We are having money issues too. We used our entire tax refund on credit card bills.
I've seen those shoes but haven't talked to someone that actually owned them. How awesome if they actually work!
I hate that you're down right now. The baby timing will come when it's right!! and everything else will fall into place. Sending love to you!
Congrats on trying! And keep the shoe reviews coming, I am intrigued!
Try to relax and take it easy. Maybe a little decaf tea at night will calm your stress down. That's what I do. Or drink a glass of wine :)
yeah yeah stress whatever...what i really want to know is, have you tried getting totally trashed and then having sex. i'm telling you, drunk sex produces babies.
Oh wow, you're trying, too? So are we. And it's always so disheartening to feel that too-familiar twinge at the end of the month when we were hoping for, well, no twinge.
Stress? Heck, yeah. Loads of it.
Sending you best preggo vibes!
Post a Comment