Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What happened to adjustable waistbands in kid clothes??


I'm mad at Old Navy and their jeans. Bayley has outgrown the 12-18 month pants in length. She needs an adjustable waistband; however, Old Navy no longer offers adjustable waist band jeans until they are a size 2T, which is way too long for her right now. She needs the 18-24 month size. WTH? I'm mad at Old Navy for this. So Bayley is now wearing dresses and tights until she can grow even MORE. Ordinarily I'd be thrilled to have her in cute dresses with tshirts underneath, but I just spent $300 on dresses, tights, and a couple of jackets and sweaters for her to wear in the meantime. Yes, she can wear the dresses this spring and summer, but that's not my point.

BRING BACK PANTS WITH ADJUSTABLE WAISTBANDS FOR LITTLE KIDS!!!!

6 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Children's Place has great jeans with adjustable waists.

Jen said...

Apparently they don't put those waistbands in the size 2T for boys jeans at Old Navy! I just bought Cole 2 pairs of size 2T which is what he is length-wise and they are SO HUGE there is no way they would stay up! He's like a size 12 months around the waist! Ugh. I guess I will have to sew some elastic in or something?? Like I know how to do that... heh.

misguidedmommy said...

hmm. i know that i bought codi clothes recently and half were ajustable and half weren't.
however, target has some awesome ones that are, and they are extra cute and actually cheaper. we got an osh kosh and a carters here and they have great stuff too. but right now, i'm the most impressed with targets kid section.

Christy said...

$300! Holy Guacamole! I refuse to buy any clothes for my kids unless they are on the clearance rack.

Fortunately, I have never had this problem, but a good friend of mine does. Even with the adjustable waist, her kid's pants are still too big. She rolls them over and pins them.

Stefanie said...

I have thrown in the towel on Old Navy kids clothes. They always shrink up so much for me. And Miss S always outgrows the pants so quickly. I stick with Baby Gap which runs way bigger, Target and Oshkosh, oh and I love Gymboree. But, come on. She looks so cute in that dress!

Rachel said...

OMG-she is a full on little girl. Yes, I did notice too that there were no adjustable waist bands-I think only gap has them and they are so expensive and well maybe H & M but they are expensive too. I love old navy for jeans that are 13 bucks for samantha.