Monday, December 8, 2008

Day 58 of Tiling....


Joe laying tile.


Up close pic of tile with grout and without.
The fruit of my labor.
Still not done, but I did 6 rows. Yay me.

Okay, not really 58 days. But seriously, will it EVER END? Sigh. Do-it-yourself shows on tv say they can do it on a weekend...yeah, with a whole CREW of people working on it off-camera! Anyway... neighbor kid we've hired has been laying the tile that Joe measures and cuts. (I actually cut some of them too!) I am grouting. That stuff splits your fingers open because it sucks all the moisture out of your hands. :(

We have cut and laid all the tiles except for the main bathroom. We'll do that after we're done with everything else. So all tiles are cut and glued down. 6 rows are grouted. I will do the other 6.5 rows in the living room and then the 2.5 rows in the hallway. While I'm doing that, hubby and neighbor kid will do touch up paint in the living room and then paint the baseboards a bright white and add quarter round trim and paint that the same color. Then we can seal the grout. And then we can add all our furniture back. Then we'll put up Christmas lights and decor. :) And THEN we'll go back and do the main bathroom. We've got to rip up the laminate, pull up the quarter round and measure and cut the new tile, glue it down, grout, and trim. Oh, did I mention paint the bathroom? Yeah. Lots of stuff to do... but we're getting there.
I was up til after midnight getting grout off my hands. I am SO sleepy today...and did I mention my butt and hips hurt?

But on a brighter note: I got antibiotics for my sinus infection and feel SO much better from that. Bad note: Bay is still sick. Probably just a cold, but if she gets excited/upset, then she has a hard time breathing. Sucks. :(

Going to get another cup of coffee. Will leave you with photos of my beautiful, sweet, precious baby. :)
She is not a fan of tummy time, but this was a rare moment of tummy time happiness.
Bay started biter biscuits yesterday!! Such a big girl! I let her try all 3 kinds I purchased.
This has got to be one of the cutest pictures I have of her. She's so beautiful.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Your floor looks AMAZING! I am WAY impressed. We are not "do-it-yourself" type of people. We are more the "pay someone else to do it" type of people. But we have limited funds, so we don't get to do nearly enough projects finished.

SimplyBillie said...

Aww! What great pictures of a beautiful little girl.
The floor looks wonderful! You guys are doing a GREAT job! Just beautiful!

Stephanie said...

That picture of Bay in the bathtub is just adorable. I love it. The tile looks fabulous. You guys have done such a great job. I'm definitely impressed.

Jenny Henny said...

Your little one looks so adorable! And your floors look AMAZING! I'm jealous!

Cristina Mathers said...

thats hard work! we own a tile company if you ever need a job! =)