We have been sitting about six feet apart in the floor in the evenings and Bayley will walk to each of us. It's so exciting! She gets really excited and wants to RUN to us, but we make her wait to get her balance first. She then makes my favorite face -- the scrunchy face smile. :)
I don't have a lot of news. It's hot. We come home from work and stay inside where our house is like a dungeon: dark and cold. Joe works outside in the scorching heat all day so he just falls on the couch and doesn't move much. I worry about him not drinking enough fluids and dying from heat exhaustion or heat stroke. There has already been an outside worker die locally from it.
Bayley has had several meltdowns lately. She's just tired or grumpy. I just hold her and let her cry it out. If she doesn't want to be held, I put her down and sit there.
Bedtime routine has gotten back on track and for that I am thankful. She eats when we get home, takes a nap, gets up and plays for a bit, then we sit in the floor and let her walk back and forth to us, then she gets in the bath. I get her ready for bed and let her drink some milk while I sing to her and snuggle her. Then she gets very calm and I put her down awake (usually). I blow kisses and tell her I love her, then leave her room. She doesn't make a peep until the morning.
Many of my blogger buddies are preggers with their 2nd child and I am SO NERVOUS for them because they already have a toddler and now they're bringing on a newborn. I hope to be pregnant again within a year, so I am anxious to see how everyone handles their own situation.
Anyway, I gotta go unpack all of my boxes of office supplies I just got at work!! WOO HOO!!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
You are entering the 18 month old tantrum stage. They say it starts at 2 but they are liars. (whoever they are)
You know what I want to know? Who is this mom whose child only acted up while they were 2? Mine has pretty much acted up since birth and I don't see an end to the trend anytime soon.
Yeah, Cole is a BEAST. I have no idea who made up that "terrible-two" adage. It's crap. Kids are crazy from the moment they slither into the world!
Allie has thrown a few of those fits herself! Yay for Bayley and her walking!!! Once she starts running she'll never stop :)
I totally know what you mean by the heat. David is out in it all day too and it scares me to death. He's constantly working in the attics and on roofs doing heating and air and he's exhausted when he gets home.
Having two babies isn't so tough. My kids are only 17 months apart, and I survived.
Ummm...the tantrums only get worse. Sorry friend.
Yeah for your little girl up and walking. I am sure you will figure out what to do with the second-we all do-it is hard but we all figure it out.
Super congrats to Bayley walking--but where's the photo of the scrunchy-face smile, hm?
And yeah, getting pregnant again ... wanna make it a race? ;-)
Super congrats to Bayley walking--but where's the photo of the scrunchy-face smile, hm?
And yeah, getting pregnant again ... wanna make it a race? ;-)
Good luck to you with the pregnancy and congratulations!
Yay for her walking! Having a toddler isn't SO bad. You just have to be prepared to never have alone time and never leave the house for an entire year unless it is to go get diapers. :)
How fun for you that your daughter is taking her first steps. Those are precious memories. Baby 2 in my opinion is the hardest, especially if you have a non-potty trained toddler. Its a big adjsutment from mom to one to mom of two, but after that, it just gets easier. My closest babies were 14 months apart, the widest gap, 9 years. I do not recommend that one either. Evdery 18-22 months and its all good.
I was Blog Hopping to see photos and found your blog. Stop by and see me sometime at Smithsoup.blogspot.com?
Linda
mom to 14, almost 17
right now 7 bio and 7 adopted , 7 are girls and 7 are boys, adding two more boys and a girl from Liberia
Post a Comment