I am watching a trainwreck unfold in front of me. Figuratively speaking, that is. Thankfully it has little to do with me, but unfortunately it involves my stepson Z. He's such a smart, thoughtful, affectionate, well-behaved little boy and it breaks my heart that he has to go through all of these things. It hurts my heart for him, but it makes me appreciate that at least Bayley has a good home environment.
So many people should not have kids. You don't have to physically beat your children to be a bad parent. Ignoring them, yelling at them, and dragging them through the muck of your miserable existence is bad too. When you exercise poor judgement regularly in front of your child, that's what that child thinks is right. And guess what -- you are teaching your child to carry on your immoral and indecent ways.
The court system is so far removed from what is in the best interests of a child. Seeing one parent infrequently is NOT healthy. I speak from experience -- both sides of it. Fathers are never given custody in the beginning unless you can prove the egg donor is a convicted drug hoochie on death row. Just because the egg donor is the one who carried the child does not mean she makes the better parent. That doesn't make her a parent at all, really.
After having my own child, it has opened my eyes to how indifferent some "parents" are to their children. They often take them for granted and are often bothered by having to give part of themselves up for their kids. This behavior and school of thought just baffles and revolts me. I wouldn't think twice about taking a bullet for my child or putting myself in harm's way to protect her.
Children are not pawns for you to dangle like carrots in front of the other parent. Taking away established visitation just because you had the truth thrown at you and you didn't like it is completely wrong. And while it may hurt the other parent, it hurts the child more. And guess what? That child sees what you're doing...and although he may not voice it right now, in a few years he WILL. And he will get tired of your selfish, thoughtless, and ignorant behavior. You do not deserve a kid's respect just because you birthed them. They are people too and you must earn their love and respect.
Why is sterilization not mandatory for certain IQs or temperaments?
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I couldn't agree more! Children have such a huge place in my heart, and any time I see a child not getting the love and attention they need (and deserve), I instantly want them in my house! I know the Lord wired me this way for a purpose... I just haven't figured it out yet! I hope that your stepson gets what he truly deserves... to be in a place where he is loved and appreciated!
I'm sorry, it must be so hard. Both on you and your husband. And it will be hard on B one day when she is old enough to understand what is going on.
My heart hurts for you.
What a tough situation. Sorry friend.
I'm sorry you all are still going through this! I pray that it gets worked out soon and he's safe in your home!
((HUGS)) I can't even imagine what you are going through. You are one strong woman!
I agree... some people should be sterilized. I knew a girl who had 6 kids, all of which had been taken away from her for being an unfit parent (and druggy) and she was pregnant with the next. Horrible!
I am so sorry. As Billie said, HUGS! Keep strong for you and your step son and he is lucky to have you guys.
Oh, no. I am so sorry. I will say a prayer for you and your step son. That is heartbreaking.
I don't believe you should change your life for your kid, but I do feel you have officially changed from me to us and therefore must make decisions that benefit both not just the one. I don't think people get that just because it benefits the parent doesn't mean it benefits the kid. Too much narcissism going on with these parents.
Post a Comment