
Sorry it's been almost another month since a post, but I just now was able to stop by a place with free wi-fi! Still haven't read other posts and I am in severe withdrawls!!!
Bayley is 11 lbs now and is a smiley, happy baby. Daycare says she smiles instead of taking her bottle so they have to turn her away from them so she won't look at them and smile. That's the only way they can get her to eat. haha!
She still gets pear juice daily and we've had no more problems. Now she has her first ear infection. Long story short, she woke up one night screaming and we had NO idea what was wrong. We tried everything we knew and nothing was working. Finally we took her to the local ER. Mistake number one. Then I let the nurses try to put in a catheter. Mistake number two. That was more painful for her than what was wrong with her. I finally asked them to stop. We were sent home 4 hours later with no diagnosis other than "fussy baby." She had been given an IV with fluids. So the next morning the ER calls back with a diagnosis of "early pneumonia on her lower left lobe of her lung." Of course they won't treat her and I need to take her to her doctor's office. I leave work a few hours later and take her and they do a repeat chest xray. Their diagnosis? Ear infection. I asked about the pneumonia and they said "her chest xray is clear. She's fine. She isn't even coughing." So that's what I get for going to a local ER instead of the children's hospital 20 mins away. I won't make that mistake again. (I also work for that children's hospital -- as an administrative assistant to all those ER physicians. ) The children's ER docs told me to next time call ahead and they'll see if they can help me over the phone. If I need to bring her in, they'll meet me at the door. The benefits of working for them, I suppose.
Zach (my stepson) is doing well. He turned 6 in June and he LOVES being a big brother. He was crying when she was crying in the ER because he didn't like to know she was sick. So sweet.
Can't think of any other updates... other than we are P O O R from paying $550 a month for daycare, $100/mo for formula and diapers, etc. All moms are nodding in complete understanding, I'm sure, but D A N G. How do people afford more than one kid? I guess that's when daddy has to find a GOOD paying job and mommy stays at home.
Guess I need to go. My mom is walking Bayley around McAlister's getting all sorts of smiles and giggles and I need to go home and let my dog in. It's 103 degrees outside. Collies have long hair and I'm sure he's roasting.
I miss reading all the blogs! I just bought a 3G phone so hopefully I can at least log in on evenings and weekends with that. Never done it before, so hopefully that will work.
Bayley is 11 lbs now and is a smiley, happy baby. Daycare says she smiles instead of taking her bottle so they have to turn her away from them so she won't look at them and smile. That's the only way they can get her to eat. haha!
She still gets pear juice daily and we've had no more problems. Now she has her first ear infection. Long story short, she woke up one night screaming and we had NO idea what was wrong. We tried everything we knew and nothing was working. Finally we took her to the local ER. Mistake number one. Then I let the nurses try to put in a catheter. Mistake number two. That was more painful for her than what was wrong with her. I finally asked them to stop. We were sent home 4 hours later with no diagnosis other than "fussy baby." She had been given an IV with fluids. So the next morning the ER calls back with a diagnosis of "early pneumonia on her lower left lobe of her lung." Of course they won't treat her and I need to take her to her doctor's office. I leave work a few hours later and take her and they do a repeat chest xray. Their diagnosis? Ear infection. I asked about the pneumonia and they said "her chest xray is clear. She's fine. She isn't even coughing." So that's what I get for going to a local ER instead of the children's hospital 20 mins away. I won't make that mistake again. (I also work for that children's hospital -- as an administrative assistant to all those ER physicians. ) The children's ER docs told me to next time call ahead and they'll see if they can help me over the phone. If I need to bring her in, they'll meet me at the door. The benefits of working for them, I suppose.
Zach (my stepson) is doing well. He turned 6 in June and he LOVES being a big brother. He was crying when she was crying in the ER because he didn't like to know she was sick. So sweet.
Can't think of any other updates... other than we are P O O R from paying $550 a month for daycare, $100/mo for formula and diapers, etc. All moms are nodding in complete understanding, I'm sure, but D A N G. How do people afford more than one kid? I guess that's when daddy has to find a GOOD paying job and mommy stays at home.
Guess I need to go. My mom is walking Bayley around McAlister's getting all sorts of smiles and giggles and I need to go home and let my dog in. It's 103 degrees outside. Collies have long hair and I'm sure he's roasting.
I miss reading all the blogs! I just bought a 3G phone so hopefully I can at least log in on evenings and weekends with that. Never done it before, so hopefully that will work.
3 comments:
Sounds like things are going well...YAY!! She is such a cutie! Glad you were able to catch up on the blogs. Now that you are able to access at work you should definitely blog more! :)
MORE pictures dangit.
I'm glad to hear things are going better for her! I can't believe they told you pneumonia and it was an ear infection...hello not even in the same area! Sometimes I tell ya :)
Post a Comment