I seem to feel a lot better, but now my allergies are out of control because I haven't gotten a shot in 4 weeks!! The first two were because Bayley was sick and then I got sick, last week I forgot on Tuesday but went Friday...and their computers were down. So no shot. Thankfully I'll be able to go today after work.
Bayley is beginning to return to her old sleep schedule, THANK GOB. I know I am spoiled with a baby who sleeps well in her own bed and sleeps all night, so I shouldn't complain.
She's just congested right now with a nasty cough, but otherwise feeling better. Thanks for all the well-wishes.
I began a new routine with her about two weeks ago. About an hour before bed, I put her in her floor on her tummy with some toys. I sit down with her and watch tv and play with her. She has begun rolling like crazy. Now I can't leave her unattended like I did before. She'd sit in the floor and play with her toys for half an hour by herself, totally content. Now she rolls until she comes to an obstacle. She's not realized that she can roll the other way to get back yet.
Anyway, I am glad I have done this. I want her mobile because while she's almost 11 months old, she is technically 9 months old (since she was 7 weeks early) and most babies are mobile by this point. A good friend of mine has a little boy who was due 2 weeks after Bayley's original due date is already crawling, pulling up, and trying to cruise. I know all babies develop at their own pace, but I am watching the younger babies in Bayley's daycare class crawl and pull up and get moved up to the next class. I don't want everyone to pass Bayley up. :(
This means I'll need to babyproof the house. That's fine. We need to do it anyway. I've already put outlet covers in the plugs. Now I need to move everything up a few feet. We don't have a lot of things that low anyway.
The funniest thing happened the other day. I videoed it on my phone but it's really dark. She was singing her own little song and dancing in her high chair. And she has started bobbing to music sometimes. It's so dang cute. Daycare said she LOVES the little piano there so we got her an alligator one and she loves to bang on that. Look out Tori Amos, my child is a rockin' prodigy!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Regarding your question on my blog...I guess I sort of walked right into that one, didn't I? :) We are praying that that answer is "Soon". :)
How cute!!
Don't stress... and enjoy it while you can. Rylan is crawling and into everything! He has an obsession with the bathroom. I clean it constantly, but with 2 other young boys, the thought of him crawling around in there creeps me out. Blehhh!
Definitely don't stress. My cousin was way premie... Doll clothes were too big and you'd never ever know. One of the guys I work with his son was born the day before another guys daughter and the daughter started crawling almost two months before the other. She'll get it. She is a little cutie.
I am so glad you are all on the mend. I wouldn't stress B crawling, she will do it when she is ready. H started crawling super early and then didn't even attempt to walk until he was 16 months. Kids do what they want when they want.
I hate the "don't worry about it" comments, because obviously all mommies worry about their babies and their development. Just know that there is a really wide range on what is considered normal for babies. Porgie crawled at 9 months, but Izzy never crawled. He just started walking one day! Since crawling is really an optional skill, you only really have to worry about walking. And I think the typical baby walks anywhere from 9 to 16 months of age - so she still has plenty of time.
Post a Comment