Friday, February 20, 2009

Will it ever go away?!?!

Took Bayley to the After Hours Clinic Wednesday night. Daycare made me pick her up on Wednesday because she had a fever of 101.3. So I took her to the clinic since her doc couldn't see her til Friday (today). Both ears are still infected from the RSV. This is her 3rd round of antibiotics. She got a shot in each leg of Rocephin with Lidocaine and then was given an Rx for Omnicef for 10 days. This better work.

I think the first antibiotic (Zithromax) didn't help because the RSV was in full force and Z-max just isn't a strong ear-infection antibiotic. The second round was Omnicef, but only for 5 days. I think that may have been too short of a dosing period. So this time around the Omnicef should work.

Thursday I get a call around noon that Bayley has vomited her bottle and has a low grade temp and what should they do. I said, "Give her Tylenol, put numbing drops in her ears, and only give juice the rest of the day. If she doesn't hold that down, then call me and I'll come pick her up." They said okay and I never heard back. When I picked her up, the only thing that was said was that she had been in a good mood all afternoon.

This morning, I get to daycare to find out that I need to talk to the lady at the front desk. I go talk to her and she said that the ex-director (who sometimes fills in as needed) said Bayley was sent home Thursday vomiting and daycare and state policy is that kids must be vomit-free for 24 hours before returning. I said #1, I was not asked to pick her up. #2 I got here at my normal time yesterday and not a thing was said about her not coming today. I understand you have rules you must go by, but this needs to be communicated to the parent. I will be speaking with [the ex-director] about this.

I was very polite but very pissed. I mean, here I am bringing my daughter in to daycare only to be told she's not welcome. I had to rush home (we had overslept by an hour this morning) and pack a diaper bag and her stroller and some toys and rush to work. I barely made it. But I was still pissed. I'm fortunate that I can bring her to work (as long as it's not often) and then Joe came by and got her this afternoon. She took a nice 2 hour nap and then we went to lunch with my Dad and Joe...then a couple hours of her playing in the floor and us visiting the gift shop...and Joe picked her up. It was nice to have her here today, but I don't get much work done.

On a positive note: she went to bed at 9pm last night and slept til 7am this morning. Looks like we're headed back to normal sleep patterns again. Yay!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Poor little Bay. I'm sorry. At least she got good sleep and seems to doing good today!

SimplyBillie said...

Poor little Girl! Did they say it's normal to be fighting this stuff for this long? I hope she get's to feeling better soon!

Rachel said...

I cannot believe she is sick again. OH poor little girl. It breaks me heart and yes, you too momma. I wonder if there is anything that can help her immune system to break this up. Let me look in one of my books today by aviva jill romm. She is a naturalist and she has many remedies for kids ailments. Oh poor you!! HUgs, big hugs! But great on the sleep.

Christy said...

She can't catch a break. Poor baby girl.

Jen said...

Gosh, poor baby! Stupid Daycare. That is really annoying. I hate it when people have stupid issues with communicating basic things to people.