Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Degrees and Pounds.

Today I got advised because I am going back to school to finish my degree. I am actually changing courses a bit, so it will take me 3 years instead of 1, but I'm happy with my decision. Money has always held me back before, but now I have been approved for a pell grant and student loans. Yay for more debt! Heh.

So anyway, I have one month before classes start and my free evenings are gone.

And finally, I have lost 8 lbs from working out. I joined the gym at work and go during my lunch hour. I have lost enough weight for my clothes to be baggy but not enough to drop down to the next size. But it's progress in the right direction so that's nice.

9 comments:

Lindz said...

You go girl! That is awesome.

Katie Marie said...

That's awesome!! Both the school and the working out.

What are you going to school for?

Girlfriend, I don't even want to talk about student loans. I will be paying mine until I am 120.

Penney said...

Congrats! I've decided to leave the battery dead in the scale so I can stop obsessing about my weight and just work out to be healthy...it has yet to work. =)

Stephanie said...

Congrats on your weight loss...sounds like you're doing great!

That's awesome that you figured out everything with school. I need to get my butt in gear and go back too....I keep putting it off!

Jen said...

Yay for school and weight loss! I am so happy that I have gone back to school!

I have GAINED about 8 pounds since I have been working out consistently- wtf is up with that? I keep telling myself that muscle weighs more than fat- but I did have 4 beers the other day... eh.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS on both counts. Going back to school is HUGE!

And, hm, I found your 8 lbs. Want them back?

Heidi said...

CONGRATS!! Take time to celebrate this. I believe losing weight is all about balance. A little portion control, little healthy eating, little working out. Good for you!

Natalie said...

Here's to progress!

misguidedmommy said...

I miss school. I miss the note taking part. I rule at notes. Tests, not so much. Why can't we get graded on our note taking ability!

Congrats on going back to school!