Friday, July 31, 2009

True Blood Beckons.


Sorry for the negative posts lately. I try to keep those off of my blog. I did find another place to rant, so I will no longer go off on here. Thank you for your patience and understanding. :)

Haven't posted as much lately because I just don't have anything worthwhile to say. I've fallen victim to True Blood. I love that show and we have gotten the first season from Netflix and are watching an episode a night after Bayley goes to bed. While it has a great plot and storyline, I can't help but wonder WHY they have such graphic sex scenes in every episode. I am no prude, but is it really necessary to be toeing the line of vampire porn? Sheesh. I told my mom she'd probably like the show but we could never watch it together because I would be too embarassed to watch those certain scenes with her in the room.

So. Ahem.

This weekend we have a wedding of one of Joe's nephews and I just really don't want to go. I have a teething toddler and that's just recipe for disaster. The wedding is at 6pm in a town 45 minutes away and I just don't care to drive up there and be dressed up, trying to keep up with Bayley, and then drive home exhausted a few hours later. I like my routines. I like being home by 6pm so Bayley and I can go play in the front yard and hang out with our neighbors til almost 8pm when it gets dark, put her in the bathtub, then get her in her jammies and sing her to sleep. Bayley is a cranky girl when we are off her routine and it takes DAYS to get back onto it.

I know we'll have a great time while we're there but I hate going places where you only know a handful of people and you have to smile and play dress-up. I am not anti-social but I'm just TIRED these days. I haven't worked out in a few days and I feel it.

I think I'm going to go take a nap for my lunchbreak. I'm so exciting.

Nitey nite!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just read your last post about Z...I have been thinking about you. I think it's horrible that she's doing this to him and you guys at the same time. So where'd you find to vent? Sounds very interesting :)

I know exactly how you feel about getting off schedule with small children..it always makes for long days and nights. Hope you have a good time and Bayley doesn't get too off schedule.

Stefanie said...

Hubbs watches True Blood sometimes and occasionally I will sneak a peak. I can't get over how much rediculous sex scenes there are. Seriously, and you read my last post about my appreciation of Howard Stern. I can't even watch it but I also am not into the rest of the show. Sonya is all about her schedule too, so I totally know where you are coming from :)

Christy said...

I love Trueblood, but the books are way better. Not nearly has much sex.

pitapocketmom said...

I totally understand how you feel about wanting to stay home instead of going to the wedding with a teething baby. The twins are routine babies too and it takes them days to get back into the swing of things!

I also read your last post about your poor little Z man. You and Joe are a REAL family for him just remember that! I will keep you guys in my prayers that things go smooth and you win your fight for Z!