This morning we had an appointment with a social worker to hear about L (Z's mom)'s visit with the social worker two weeks ago regarding Z. As she read from the chart, I was shocked to hear about what L thinks Z's issues are. After Joe and I disputed just about everything... we came to the conclusion after it was all over that Z should live with us, since he's such a pain for L to deal with. What it boils down to, is she NEVER spends time with him and he doesn't have an outlet for his energy. He's SEVEN and kids need to be active and play outside. She lives in an old neighborhood with no kids and he's cooped up everyday with her. So he won't go to bed at 8:30pm. He gets up and runs around, gets a drink, etc. and won't go to sleep til 10:30pm. He apparently "gets in trouble all the time at school." WTF? Anyway, long story short, we are preparing for a battle. L is hateful and vindictive and will try to pull something else on us too.
She took him to a pediatrician (not Z's) and got a referral to this social worker and went to one counseling appt without telling us. So yes, we are mad.
I think I may start locking these certain posts just in case the beast finds this blog.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We really need to win this fight for Z. The kid does NOT need to be medicated. He just needs a REAL home with a REAL family who pays attention to him.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Poor Z! Thank God he has you guys! I will be praying for you!
Good for you for having the courage to step in. I hope something works out that will help Z having a better living situation.
Wow, what a mess this poor little guy is in! Sending you lots of strength vibes and sparkly light to help fight this one out for him.
Poor Z! Sounds like he does need a real home with consistent love and lots of outside playing. All kids need to burn off that energy or they start to act out. Way to go for being so in tune.
Post a Comment