Wednesday, July 15, 2009

IQ Test Requirement for Breeding?

I think there should be an IQ test and several other types of tests I have yet to determine before people should be allowed to breed.

For those of you who don't know, when I got married I got an awesome package deal. I got my wonderful husband Joe and his son Z. Joe had been dating this girl (who was WAY too young, btw. She was legal, but just barely.) and after 3 months, she got pregnant. Joe was very excited because he had wanted to be a father for a long time, but this just wasn't the way he wanted it to happen. All the same, he was happy. So, the girl had severe post partum depression and decided to not keep taking her meds. She turned into a filthy, hateful monster. Joe took care of Z and girl would go for days without even looking at Z. After a few months of this, Joe was done. He and girl had already stopped speaking and they just lived in the same rent house. I'll leave out some awful details that will just disgust you about how irresponsible, lazy, and hateful the girl was. Joe is no angel, but he tried his hardest to keep a roof over their heads. Finally, Joe moved out and got his own apartment. Joe tried to file for custody, but the court system automatically gives custody to the biological egg donor. Joe had to pay part of her legal fees, pay child support, and provide health and dental insurance for Z. He also had to pay for half of any expenses incurred for health/dental issues. This is very unfair. You see the child one night a week for a few hours, then every other weekend. That's a whole other post or hundred.

Since Z was 3, girl has been trying to say Z is ADD/ADHD. This is so absurdly ridiculous that there are NO words to describe how much so. This child (Z) sat in my office here at work for 8.5 hours each day for THREE days, playing his Nintendo DS, coloring in coloring books, reading books, watching movies on my laptop, or playing with his cars SO QUIETLY that no one knew he was here until I said, "Hey, Z is in there if you want to say hi." He brought home straight A's in kindergarten and again in 1st grade. He got in trouble at school for leaning back in his chair, playing when he wasn't supposed to, etc. and some weeks were better than others, but most weeks he had perfect behavior, per his teacher. He is thoughtful, sweet, and affectionate. He is a WONDERFUL big brother who is very protective of his little sister and loves to lay down to watch cartoons with her, and he helps out around our house.

This little boy is so smart and knows all of his dinosaurs, construction vehicles (dump truck, back hoe, front end loader, etc), and is reading on a 2nd-3rd grade level during 1st grade. His favorite color is green, but he likes red and blue too. He likes to draw pictures of his daddy kayaking (he even gets the paddle color and boat color right), writes his Daddy letters saying how he's the best Daddy and kayaker in the world, and he sings to Bayley's toddler songs for her entertainment.

Z holds doors open for me (his Daddy doesn't even do that for me!), helps me bring in groceries, and will come to me for no reason to hug me and say he loves me.

He can sit and play his DS for hours and not get up (he did that here at work), he will keep his little sister entertained in his room for an extra hour in the morning so Daddy and I can sleep in, and he is sometimes so quiet I have to call out his name to make sure he's awake.

Does this sound like ADD/ADHD to you?

No? So what would make a "mother" try to push this diagnosis on her child?

How about filing for SSI and getting up to $700 a month? I think that may be a motivating factor for her.

Yes, I have done my homework and read on what requirements must be met, and he will NOT meet them. My guess is that girl has not done HER homework. She's just hoping to get some more spending money to blow on herself every month.

12 comments:

Jen said...

That's disgusting. I hate people. Poor Z. Eff that girl. Jesus.

Katie Marie said...

That makes me sick. Do you guys have more custody of Z now? How old is the egg donor?

Alicia W. said...

WTF That is terrible! :(

Christy said...

Yikes.

Penney said...

I have long been a supporter of the IQ test for potential breeders...and yet somehow it seems the stupider they are the more fertile they are and the younger they start...

Stephanie said...

Ugh I'm sorry that you have to deal with her! Wish Z could just come with you guys full time and then that wouldn't be an issue!

He sounds very intelligent and is obviously very good with Bailey...you guys are blessed to have him in your lives!

Excellent Parent said...

that pisses me off, having a child with slight add that dose not sound like it! grrrrrrr poor boy! Shes trying to get more money somehow?

misguidedmommy said...

eww eww eww barf. There is no way to refile for custody proving she is unfit or something?

gross. i think it's awful the best parent doesn't have custody. who knows maybe she'll go crazy again and run away alone to mexico..one can hope right

Rachel said...

That is so sad. I hope he gets more attention when he goes to school. I pray for Z!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh how frustrating!

Anonymous said...

SHEESH!!!

Any chance that you guys can try to file for custody again? Looks like you have a more stable family environment, and any judge might look very favorably on this.

whenpigsfly said...

my daughter's husband has a similar situation with egg donor . What a mess!!!!! One of my sons says that people should have to apply and be approved for an Oxygen license. Now THERE's a thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!