Bayley has been falling asleep earlier than normal lately and I'm so okay with that! Monday night she fell asleep at 7pm and I tried to wake her up 30 minutes later to take a bath and get ready for bed, but she wanted no part of it. She slept til I woke her up at 7am Tuesday morning. Tuesday night (last night) she fell asleep around 8pm on Joe's chest. She crawled into his lap while he was back in her room watching tv while she played, and she fell asleep. She woke up at 9pm and drank a sippy full of milk and then when she wanted to play, I put her to bed. She cried for a few minutes then fell asleep. I woke her up at 6:30 this morning. So tonight I hope to get her to bed around 7:30pm and get her up at 6:30am tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed! :)
Please keep Z in your prayers that his "ADHD evaluation" is determined to be that he just needs to get outside to play and run like any normal kid, and NOT medication. I don't have much faith in social workers (sorry if you or someone you know is one) and the system rarely works in our favor.
Speaking of which, our state law says that a judge will listen to a "reasonable request from any child 8 years old or older." Z will be 8 in exactly 10 months from today. He has told us time and time again that he wants to live with us, so lets hope that someday in the near future we'll have custody.
I must run to the local university to get a student ID, parking sticker, and buy my books. School starts in 8 days and I'm excited and nervous! SQUEE!!!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My heart is with you and I am praying like crazy for Z. It sickens me to no end what he has to deal with from his "mother". I can't believe that she wants him medicated and I truly hope that it is seen that the 'problems' she is having ONLY HAPPEN WHEN HE IS WITH HER!!!! I am pissed over it. I feel bad for the sweet boy. And I feel bad for you and Joe because you shouldn't have to be dealing with this. Please keep me posted. Know I am in your corner and fighting in spirit with all my might!!! xoxox
SO excited for you about going back to school. YAYYYY!
And sending my best vibes for Z's request to be heard and granted by the judge, and for Bayley's sleep schedule.
Biotch!
I'm a SWer!
{I don't eval ADHD kids though. Or work for the school system, so you're still allowed to like me.}
In other news: I rent my text books. It saved me a ton of $$ last semester, and I had no idea that I could do it. Now I only have 2 semesters left, and wish that I'd been renting all along.
Just something to consider. There's one text book in my upcoming semester that if I can snag used will be more cost effective in the long run b/c it's only about $10 more than renting, and if I sell it back, I know I'll make more than $10. Ya know?
Anyway---it's something to consider.
Also, search online for prices when/if you consider selling your books back. A lot of online places offered me more for selling my books back than the local bookstores for texts. And, the online ones pay for the shipping, so it's not like it cost me any $$ to sell them my book.
Okay, there's my unsolicited advice.
:)
Oh I hope everything goes well with the social worker. Praying they see what he really needs and just what others might think he does. How awesome that he's close to the age that the judge will listen to him!!! That's excellent news! :)
I wish Allie would sleep like Bayley is...and go to sleep on her own. I left her in there one night because she was acting up and she bawled for 15 mins. We finally went in there and she had the snubs she was so upset. Geez...talk about making me feel horrible!
I am so happy Z has you guys. Good luck Z!!!
Post a Comment