Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Slung Crap, School, and Strolls.

Ever have one of those days that crap is just slung at you for no reason?

Joe has been sick with an Enterovirus that has kept him couch-bound for 11 days. It's a flu-like illness that makes you feel like you've been hit by a bus. He has had coughing, body aches, chills, fever, and sweating so profusely that he soaks through a comforter at night. You can't take anything to make it go away since it's a virus, so you have to just suffer through it. Drink lots of fluids and take motrin for the aches. Pretty miserable, actually. I was sad because these past two weekends he was done with summer school and I wanted to spend quality family time together before the fall semester started, but he was sick. :( I took the kiddos shopping, out to eat, and we played outside a lot.

He gets back to work after missing 7 work days and is accused of going kayaking because he has a kayak on top of his truck. That kayak has been there for 3 weeks. He's been too sick to take it off so of course it was on there when he went to work this morning. Idiots.

Not long after talking to hubby, I went to make some copies and spilled toner powder all over my foot, sandal, capris, the floor, and a coworker. Thankfully it came out of the clothes and my sandal, but housekeeping had to come vacuum it out of the carpet. Hopefully it doesn't stain. :(

Z has to catch up on his sleep. He was with his mother and her mother all weekend. I'll just say that a grandmother staying up til 3am playing video games with Z is ridiculous. 7 year olds should never be up that late. But maybe I'm just crazy strict.

Other than all that, I'm in a decent mood. Hungry, but in a good mood. Bayley went to sleep at 7:30 last night, Z was in bed at 8:15, and Joe and I looked at www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com for almost an hour, giggling. That and www.photobomb.com had us laughing a little too. We were in bed by 10pm.

Z starts school tomorrow and I know he's excited. A neighbor is in his class this year and so I'm sure they'll get in trouble a lot. Joe and I start classes Thursday. I'm a little nervous. I don't want to be the fat chick that can't fit in the desk. Is it me, or do they make those desks TINY? I mean, I'm overweight but I don't take up two normal seats.

Speaking of overweight, I am trying to get a group of women together to go walking in the evenings in my neighborhood. Strollers are welcome. I'm so excited. I'll go tonight whether no one else shows or not. I just hope Bayley tolerates being strapped into a stroller. She prefers to walk and terrorize everything in sight. :)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wish we were closer and I would join in at night. I am in desperate need of something like that around here!

Hope Joe feels better soon!!!! Sounds like the people he works with need to use their common sense when it comes to the kayak!

I agree with you about Z...seriously 3 am...I think not!

Stefanie said...

A walking group, that sounds like fun! Don't you just love days like that? Ugh.

Christy said...

I love that Awkward family photos site. HILARIOUS. I also love cake wrecks and fail blog. Great ways to kill time.

Rachel said...

Walking group sounds awesome. You go girl. JOE feel better!!

Heidi said...

I hope your walk went well. I think it's wonderful that you are doing that. I love get togethers. Can you believe work does/says stuff like that? I mean really, is it any of their business anyway? Drives me nuts.