Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Angry at the world.

Little Hannah Grace passed away this morning at 3:18am, central time.

While I know she is in Little Girl Heaven, dancing away with all the Disney Princesses, I can't help but be angry at the lack of stem cell research, angry at a God who lets this happen to an innocent little 4 year old girl, and sad for her parents and brother, as well as the rest of her family and friends who will miss her every second of every day.

A doctor I work for called yesterday because she needed her shifts covered. She couldn't wake up her husband, who had turned blue. He is now in a local ICU in septic shock after a few days of a flu-like illness. They have 3 little girls and my heart hurts for them. He's not doing well.

Another co-worker just returned from her mother's funeral.

Some fellow bloggers are missing their deceased children, struggling with infertility, and others have marital issues.

While my life seems to be just fine, I am so sad for all of these people. The holidays are hard enough without all of these things going on. I'm just thankful that at least my daughter is safe, happy, and healthy.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I feel ya. I seem to swing wildly between thinking that humanity is great and thinking that the world is a terrible place. So far today I am undecided.

Poor little Hannah. My heart goes out to her grieving family.

Christy said...

I hate that you are so consumed with sadness lately. Be happy friend:) Enjoy that healthy baby girl!

MMA Lady said...

I love you and I struggle with the same thoughts and feelings. Life is not fair, and sometimes, it is also just not good. Give Bailey extra big hugs and sugars and hold her tight.

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry. That is a lot to deal with and take on. You have such a huge heart and care so much. We are all lucky to know you and have you in our lives. I am here if you need anything.
xoxo

Lindz said...

Dang! That makes me feel shallow. Keep your head up and keep remembering how blessed you are!

Megan said...

The universe is so cruel sometimes. You are carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders. We're all here for you, and praying your spirits lift soon. xoxo