Hannah was removed from the vent this morning around 9:30 and I have yet to hear any other details. I don't expect to hear anything for a while as they are busy spending Hannah's last breaths with her and afterwards...well, I'd be an emotional wreck and unable to post, so I doubt they will either for a while. I'm not sure if she's still with us, or if she has found peace and is with God. I was up early this morning and was crying pretty much from the start. I'm praying for inner peace, as I need to enjoy my family and holidays and get through finals. And let's not forget for my sanity.
I tend to take on too much emotionally. I get so involved with people's lives (both in real life and on the internet) and I feel their pain when something bad happens. The pain consumes me and I would do whatever I could to make things better. This is probably an admirable trait if in moderation, but I tend to go overboard.
What makes this family so endearing to my heart is that the parents are my age, are friends of a close friend of mine, and then I met them here in the hospital. I visited them everyday even if only to drop off a small gift. I have kept up with the rest through her blog and Facebook. I am too emotionally attached.
I used to sit and watch Animal Planet when I was single and had my sheltie Baleigh. I'd cry when a dog was abused/neglected/sick. When dogs were put down, I'd sob. Joe and I were dating long-distance and I'm pretty sure he had to think I was a nutcase when he'd call me and I'd be sobbing over a dog on tv. He tells me now that he thought it was endearing and he loved me for it. I am not convinced, though.
Do you ever find yourself too emotionally attached to people/things that you don't really know all that well? Or am I the crazy emo blogger?
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment