So I went in today for my 22 week OB visit and I've only gained 5 lbs total!! This is very exciting for me, as I was overweight when I found out I was pregnant. I am only supposed to gain 15-20 lbs total, so I'm on the right track. YAY!!
My last ultrasound (at 18 weeks) was awful. My tech was mean and blah blah blah. So my doctor is going to try to do one herself in her office in 2 weeks. I also have to do the Glucose Tolerance Test which takes about an hour, but is normal to test for around this time. She's not worried about me being diabetic or anything. Also, at that same appt, she will re-measure my belly to see if I'm still measuring 3 weeks ahead of schedule. If so, she'll get an official u/s preauthorized by my insurance to make sure everything is normal. We're pretty sure that the extra inches of belly are due to my pre-prego pooch, but we want to make sure...and we want to know the gender of my alien baby!! :)
So I took a video of my doppler today to get audio of the baby's heartbeat since J couldn't be at the visit. The video portion is just staring at the wall, so ignore that and listen to the audio. The loud part in the middle is the baby kicking. It takes about 13 seconds to really hear the heartbeat. I'm going to see if I can upload this from my phone to this blog. :: Crossing fingers ::
Okay, I couldn't get it to work on here so I'll keep trying.
J and T (our neighbor) finished painting the nursery Monday night because we got an incredible deal on new carpet, padding, and installation and had it installed Tuesday morning. Z was EXCITED about his new room and he says the baby will love it's room, too. We put new light fixtures and J put a dimmer switch in the baby's room for me so the baby and I wouldn't be blinded in the wee hours of the morning during feedings and diaper changes. He's so handy..and SO SWEET!! Anyway, our furniture for the baby and a new bed for Z is on layaway now and we'll get it out in a couple of weeks. This is very exciting stuff!! And I'm not even due til May 13th!!
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment