So yesterday, after my last post... I went down the elevator to the little in-house convenience store thing and got a drink. As I got back onto the elevator with my splitting, caffeine-withdrawl headache in full swing, there were only 2 other people on the slower-than-Christmas elevator. We reached the 2nd floor and someone got on. Then they decided to HOLD THE ELEVATOR OPEN as they chatted with people they WERE JUST STANDING WITH before they got on the dang elevator!!! *&&*%^$%^
So as I'm standing there, mildly annoyed, that someone who just got on convinces these 4 VERY LARGE people to get on the elevator with us. So as they cram in, I am shoved into the back corner and someone's purse is jammed into my belly. I'm trying to maneuver around to free my belly, and one of the other people is a heavy breather. You know the types... who not only breathe VERY LOUDLY and labored, well... this one had B A D, S T I N K Y breath too!!! So I realize this stench is also making my hair sway, since they are huffing their fumes down on my hair! And did I mention this elevator is SLOWER THAN EFFIN CHRISTMAS?!?!? Well, thank GOB (thank you, Jen) that I only had to endure this painful torture for ONE floor. But it was the LONGEST elevator ride of my life!
( I don't mean to sound so rude about large people, I mean, I was a size 18 before I got pregnant. So I'm not exactly a poster child for skinniness. But these people were TALL too... and this elevator isn't meant to hold more than 3-4 people comfortably.)
So then we get to the 3rd floor and the herd stampedes off, only to realize that they meant to get off on the 4th floor so they turn around and try to get back on while I'm trying to catch my breath and get off. I get pushed back ONTO the elevator while I'm saying frantically, "I need off!!!" So this one lady who pushed me back on keeps saying, "I'm sorry, excuse me," but never really MOVES OUT OF MY WAY. Finally, I took a deep breath and just PUSHED past her. GYAH!!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ugh, I hate how rude people are. When I used to work in a 6 story building, it would drive me bonkers when people would hold the elevator open and finish talking making everyone else wait. And to stuff you in and not even allow you out is just out of control. You should have offered bad breath lady a tic tac!
ewwww...gross.
you poor thing!
OMG I hate bad breath breather-oners! They are so gross! Ugh. I had to laugh about it making your hair sway though! Heh. Yucky!
Post a Comment