Monday, January 14, 2008

I am TOO YOUNG for Depends!!

Okay, so this is my first pregnancy and I don't know what's going on with my body. My bones are shifting so much to make room for the baby... that some days (pretty much EVERY day now) I feel like my insides are going to fall out if I stand up too long. It's uncomfy to sit too long, to walk too long, to stand too long, to lay down too long, etc. And today it's like my bladder is working on a different schedule than the rest of me. A few moms have told me that if they sneeze or cough too hard they "leak." I'm not sure I like this part. I mean, I'm wearing pantyliners but if this bladder thing keeps up, I may have to invest in some Depends.

Changing gears...

So the nursery now has a new framed print on the wall and a cute basket I'll use for dirty laundry. I need to post a pic of it so far so I can remember what it was like when it was new and clean and smelled good. We will get our furniture within a couple weeks and then it'll be really real to me. Of course, I am ready for the other necessities that come along with babies: bedding, humidifier, diaper genie, etc. Are wipe warmers really worth it? Just wondering...

Today is the first day of the Spring semester for J. He's got an easier schedule this time around. He's a Wildlife Management Biology major and he's taking Wildlife Mgmt, Fisheries, Genetics, and a poetry class. He only has classes on Mon & Wed and his poetry class is online. I get an hour and a half of ME time on Mon & Wed nights from 6 to 7:30. I'll prolly use it to nap while the house is still and quiet.

This weekend we donated a TON of stuff to Goodwill. We filled my Blazer to maximum capacity and then J followed in his truck... poor Z had just enough room to sit in his carseat and rest his feet on top of some bags o' stuff. He didn't care, cause he slept through most of it anyway. J wants to know what tax breaks we can get for donating all this stuff and so he called a friend of his who just so happens to be an accountant. She said we'd need to itemize (read: *I* need to itemize) on our taxes this year. I, like every other poor person out there, want every penny I can get from our lovely government but sometimes I just don't feel like working so dang hard for it. Ugh.

I've added a couple more blogs I have added to my list to check everyday. They're over there under Blogs I Heart. These ladies are SO much more entertaining than me. And they actually have stuff to talk about. I mean, I could talk about my never-ending pile of laundry, my poochies that seem to always want to go outside, or the amount of dog fuzz that ends up on the floor. When I feel like I need to "get away" I go into the nursery. There's nothing in there, it's quiet, clean, and roomy. I sit in the glider/rocker, put my feet on the ottoman, and dim the lights. I know I just have 17 more weeks of that peace and tranquility. Trying to enjoy it while I can. I have a new respect for moms...and I'm not even one yet!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ha- ok so all I have to say about the peeing is that UNFORTUNATELY it gets WORSE before it gets better- I know, PROBABLY NOT what you wanted to hear, right? Anyways- DO YOUR KEGELS. DO THEM NOW! RIGHT NOW! You will need those muscles later. Believe me- I haven't gone so far as Depends but I may or may not have found use for some SERENITY products.. Ahem..(cough cough) ANYways... Wipes warmer: I like mine because my child is ALWAYS shivering and our house is old an can be chilly sometimes if the heat isn't turned up- but I also use non warmed wipes on him when we are away from his changing table and he doesn't seem to notice the difference that I can tell... But if you have space for one and a place to plug it in- WHY NOT? Right?

: )

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the first baby. I am not there and won't be for a little bit, but my boyfriend has two (5-girl, 2-boy). They are all sorts of fun. I am excited to read more!