Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's a GIRL!!!


YAY!! I got my FOURTH ultrasound this AM and the woman was wonderful! She told me within 30 seconds, "Oh, it's definitely a girl!" And she told me I'm 27 weeks instead of 25!! So two weeks sooner-- I'm SOOOOOO excited!!!! Now my due date has moved from May 13th to May 1st. Woooo hooo!!

Annnnndddd.... she's 2 lbs 6 oz so far. And everything looks great. I've gained 6.3 lbs so far so she is sucking all my pre-prego poochiness away! Better than liposuction!

So we decided on the name: Bayley Elizabeth. We think that will be perfect. It's the ONLY girl name we could agree on.

And we are picking up the nursery furniture today. J is picking it up instead of paying $100 to have it delivered 24 miles to our house. He'll be happy working on putting it together (would've cost another $150 to have it set up) tonight. OOOOHHHHhhhhh... and the bedding I won on eBay for $9.38 is on the local Fed-Ex truck for delivery to my house today. WOO HOO!! So all I need now is a crib mattress...which I emailed my Daddy about so maybe Grampa will bring one to me when he takes me to lunch tomorrow. heheh. I know, pathetic, but hey... it's his FIRST blood-related grandchild and he is BEYOND THRILLED. When I emailed saying be on the lookout for those C-shaped Snoogle pillows, he ordered one on Amazon.com THAT NIGHT and had it shipped to my house!! How cool is that?! I just wanted him to look for a cheaper one than Babies R Us had.

So... I guess next week will be my third trimester? Baby-gaga.com says Week 27 is third trimester? Well, I'll just claim 3rd trimester myself. Makes me feel closer to having sweet Bayley Boo in my arms! Guess now the peeing every 20-30 mins, restless legs, fitful sleep, etc. are now making sense. I kept thinking, "Wow, I'm ahead of schedule!" But not so. :) heheheeh. I am SO excited!!

J.... well, heck..JOE.. That's my husband's name. I hate acronyms anyway. JOE took the u/s pics with him so I guess I'll have to snag them tomorrow and scan them to here.

Uh...TMI alert -------> I feel gassy. But I can't do anything about it cause the nurse who works across from me would hear it. Ugh. I just want to run down the hall and let loose!

And don't tell.... but Joe and I ate IHOP today after the u/s and I had two pancakes, two pieces of bacon, two eggs, and two pieces of toast. Well, I ate one piece of toast b/c it was burnt and only one egg. So then...when I was on my way back to work, I stopped at Wendy's and got chicken nuggets!! I'm A FRIGGIN PIG!!!! I have eaten 3 of them over the last few hours...but. still. DANG. SHHHHhhhhh.

And I sipped some more of the pickle juice last night...it's soooo good. I know, I'm a freak of nature. According to Courtney, Bayley may grow up LOVING pickles. Because of me. heh. What a cool thought. I'm going to have a little girl who could look or act like me. Wow.

5 comments:

MMA Lady said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know ya'll are thrilled!!!!!!!!

Court said...

Yippee! I am so excited! I can't wait to see pics of the nursery.

And I really, REALLY need another u/s pic to add to my collection of "Fannie" pics!

I can't wait to meet my widdle Fannie baby. =)

Stephanie said...

Congrats!!!!! I am so excited for you. A little girl...so fun and cute!!!

I can't wait to see the u/s pictures!! The name you guys decided on is super cute.

Shawna said...

Congrats on the new news. Love the name. Girls are so much fun.

BTW you are going to have a perfect baby girl and you do not need to worry about anything forget all about breath holding syndrome and just focus on your perfect little girl growing inside of you. I know that is easier said then done I worried too, but worrying never gets you anywhere.

You sound like my husband with the whole e-bay thing. He always says he "won" something too. I thought this meant that they gave it to him, you know like when you WIN something. It took me awhile to figure out that you won but you had to pay for it.ha ha ha

Jen said...

YAY! A GIRL!! I LOOOOOVE the name Bayley! I MEAN LOOOOOOVE IT!! SO excited for you! OMG- Isn't it AWESOME to find out that you are further along? I would have been SO HAPPY to find out I got to shave 2 weeks off my due date- it too for FREAKIN EVAH!

Oh and the hunger only gets CRAZIER when you're breastfeeding. I am trying So SO hard for portion control but I am AN EATING MONSTER MACHINE!!