Friday, February 1, 2008

New Due Date, or Not New Date... That is THE Question

My doctor sent me an email saying that I should stick with my original due date of May 13th. I know this is awful, but I really don't want to. I like being a little further along. It just feels right. Like I have anything to compare it to. For quite some time now, I have felt like I am experiencing things a little too "soon" ... like, a few weeks ahead of schedule. Don't get me wrong, I know everyone is different and blah blah blah... but dangit, I like my new due date!!!

So anyway, yesterday my husband lets me know that he was unable to pick up our nursery furniture because the guy there had to leave instead of help Joe load it into his truck. I was not happy with this news, but said whatever. On my way home, I'm thinking this is a little strange but don't think much about it. Then I remembered Joe asking me, "You're coming straight home after work, RIGHT?" I said, "Uh, yeah. Except for that strip club I was going to stop at for a job application." Whatever, dood. So then I'm thinking about this a little more and thinking he's lying... but I'm really great at over-analyzing and decide to just wonder until I get home. I pull up and can see furniture boxes on the side of the house. I get in and he has assembled the furniture and put the new bedding on it for me. HOW SWEET!! He just wanted to surprise me. So I took pictures. :)

Hubby tired after all the work and surprise. :)

As you can see, we still have a few things to figure out what to do with... the tv will probably go on top of that computer armoir for now. No, we won't leave it in the floor. :) And there is a shelving unit that goes with the dresser/changing table, but we don't have it yet. When it's on, you can't really use it as a changing table. So that will come later. We'll probably purchase it and keep it in the attic until ready to install..

Fletcher(and you barely see Makana) looking in on us. They know they're not allowed in, but they like to sit right outside the door and watch everything. That picture by the door...we can't decide if it will go in the nursery or not. I got it at Kirkland's because I LOVE it. We'll see.

Joe said, "You know, I don't know if it's ironic or just plain sad... but now OUR bedroom is the one that sucks." haha. Our bedroom has new furniture too, but we still have the plain concrete floor and the closet is still under construction for adding the cubbies and another bar for clothes. And we want to repaint our bedroom a darker color and repaint the trim. We'd be able to do it all if we won the lottery that we can't play because they don't offer it in our state. :) I told him that it keeps things interesting when we're always doing projects.... slowly. :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is a sweet surprise. I love the color of the furniture.

MSBABY said...

I love the puppies and the little doggy bones. Cute! Looks like your surprise wore your DH out!

Jan from Unique Baby Gear Ideas, Decorating Tips and Modern Nursery Themes

Jen said...

Aww your hubby is soo sweet!

I was also given two due dates, Dec. 1st and Dec 6th. I went with Dec. 1st because it was SOONER even though the DR stuck with the Dec 6th date... I think go with whichever one you want to. Cole was born on Dec. 4th- so he was either 3 days late or 2 days early- chances are BAYLEY! will come on NEITHER of those dates but sometime in the middle. Hopefully SOONER than LATER : )