Just want to apologize for my last blog. I was very upset. I'm over it now, thankfully.
I have a 5 (almost 6) year old stepson but we don't have custody. Joe and I began dating when Z was 6 months old, so he doesn't remember life before me. I've had a little practice with babies, but not infants. I wouldn't hold Z til he was 8 or 9 months old. I've never been around kids as I was the youngest of 2 and my cousins were all older than me.
I am in my third trimester with my first child. My pregnancy has been relatively easy (except for that sciatic nerve pain early on) and I'm doing well. I started out a size 18 so my doctor didn't want me to gain more than 25 lbs, if possible. I am midway through week 29 and have gained 14 lbs. I am obsessed with my weight (always have been, even when I was a skinny size 3 in high school) but now that I'm pregnant I really want this baby to be healthy. I've not over-indulged in junk food or anything and much of my pre-prego fat has gone away. I've commented frequently that "This baby is better than lipo!!" because my belly has rounded out front and I've noticed slightly slimmer areas elsewhere. So that part is good.
I've passed all blood tests, no major weight gain, no excessive swelling of feet or hands (thankfully), and I seem to be doing well. I haven't been overly bitchy, but I have been clingy. If I have a mood swing, it's more of a sadness and nervousness. I try to keep these to myself because I know I over-analyze and worry about things that are ridiculous.
My due date is May 13th, but my u/s says May 1st and my mom said both my brother and me came 2-3 weeks early. I'm nervous about having a vaginal delivery. I have heard about the "poop bag" and that really grosses me out. I also wonder if I will stretch out so much that I won't ever be able to enjoy sex again. (Sorry if TMI) I really want to breastfeed but have heard that having large breasts can really complicate that.
Sometimes I sit in the nursery and enjoy the serenity of it. I love the decor and I am very comfortable in there. Occasionally my husband will come in and sit in there with me and we don't have to say anything. I'm really proud of what we've accomplished together. We've endured a lot of adversity and we've made it through with a nice house, a baby we have created together (that I can't wait to meet), and each other. I am thankful for all of this, as I consider myself very lucky. I wanted to be pregnant for so long and now that I am, I love it. I guess I'm one of the few that enjoys being pregnant. (My neighbor says the 3rd trimester will change that. ha!) I enjoy knowing that there is a life growing inside of me and that I am responsible for it.
Today I am just exhausted. The last week or so I've just wanted to do nothing but sleep. I'll pass up food for a comfy bed and a quiet, dark room. A friend of mine who had a baby almost 3 months ago said the third trimester will be a very trying time, but it's all worth it in the end. Can I just sleep through it? Let me hibernate for the next 2.5 months and I'll be ready when Bayley makes her grand entrance. But no, I have to go to work. My job isn't stressful, but it's that I have to sit in a brightly lit office and be awake. And sit upright.
Sorry for the long post. I don't really have anything to say. I'm just surprised I stayed awake this long and could focus on getting something done. And I have 74ish more days until the REAL work comes.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I must say I think you are going to make a wonderful mama. I have read things you say to others on their blog and things you have said to me and girl you have your sh*t together way better then I ever did or still do for that matter. Your wiser then your years.
You are headed into the waiting game. I remember that time and I got so impatient. I just wanted to meet her already. The time will come. I am so excited for you.
The third trimester isn't THAT bad, but you will start getting very uncomfortable. I had lots of hip pain with both of my pregnancies. But really, it isn't that bad.
Having a baby is the most amazing thing. You know that you have a baby inside of you, but you are still shocked to see him/her for the first time. It is overwhelming.
What the hell is the "poop bag"? I have never heard of such a thing but it sounds gross. Also, I just had a baby and sex is already back to normal. Your vaheeeena goes right back to normal- mine actually feels a bit.. um.. smaller? ok that was probably TMI FOR SURE.
Also- are you planning to have an epidural? I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! It made the birth of my child so easy that I was actually able to take in what was happening because I wasn't DYING IN PAIN.
Anywhoo. That's my over-sharing for the day!
Aw, you are going to be a good momma! I am not pregnant and am completely dragging ass. I'll hibernate with you for the next 2.5 months. I can't wait to see baby pictures. So exciting.
Oh yea, I am with Jen, what is the poop bag???
OMG I know what a poop bag is and I wish I didn't.
I had the fortunate or maybe not so fortunate experience of observing a few biths before I had my daughter. I was so afraid of needing the poop bag when I was in labor and made my husband promise not to look down there while I was pushing. From what I hear not everyone needs it and a lot of women don't even know they used it when it happens because of all the other things they have going on down there. So I guess what I am saying is you may not need it and if you do chances are you won't even know you used it. Either way it is all good, because you certainly won't be the first person who used it, right?
Post a Comment