Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tracy is the BEST!!

So... I met with my beautiful, thin cousin today for lunch and let me just say how incredible it is to have "grown up time" with someone you grew up idolizing!! I always looked up to her and she never knew it. So funny.

Anyway, her name is Tracy and she and her husband have been married for 12 years. She is 9 years older than me and they were unable to have any kids. It's a shame because she is WONDERFUL with kids and watches her neighbor's kids. She actually has helped raise them. I love her SO much so Joe and I decided to ask her and her husband Randy to be Bayley's godparents. Not so much for the religious aspect, but as secondary parents. They were touched, thrilled, and moved that we'd ask that... but it just seemed the natural thing to do.

So we met for lunch today to discuss Bayley's needs after she's born. After I return to work from maternity leave, Tracy will keep Bayley. During the summer we're going to have to make different arrangements, as keeping a newborn and two young school-aged children will be a challenge. Newborns can't play kickball or go swimming. Tracy is very active with the kids so I can appreciate her asking if other arrangements can be made for summer. The other big thing is that she said she does not want payment for this. She's so excited to take care of another newborn that she considers that payment enough. I said, "We are going to PAY you SOMEthing!!" She said no, just provide diapers and such and that was just fine. She is SO excited about all of this.

Yes, I'm thrilled because right now we are on a tight budget, paying off all our debt (minus our house) over the next 12 months and Bayley falls right into the middle of it. So I guess I'll just have to shower Randy and Tracy with giftcards to resturants, stores, etc. I don't know. I'll figure something out, as I don't want her to feel taken advantage of.

So... anyway. That's a good problem to have, so I'm not complaining. I'm very blessed and lucky to have such a wonderful person to help me.

4 comments:

Court said...

Yay for family!

Stephanie said...

How wondeful! That was very thoughtful of you and I am sure that just having a baby to take care of really is payment enough. Family is so great and you truly are lucky and blessed!

Jen said...

That's RAD that you have someone you can depend on to take good care of your little behbeh- and for FREE! That is such a blessing, really- you are so lucky!

Shawna said...

What a great cousin. I am sure it will feel good to leave Bayley with someone who you know loves her.