Yesterday when I got home it was effin cold!! So I changed out of my not so warm work clothes and put on the comfiest pjs I had: red and pink striped fleece pj pants, a red fleece pullover, pink and white striped fuzzy socks, and red fluffy slippers. I walked into the garage and Joe hugged me and said, "You look like a pregnant candy cane." hahah. I think his descriptions of me are cute and most women say, "I'd kick him for calling me that!!" but I think they're cute. I guess because I know he's not being mean -- it's his way of telling me I look cute. It's like him calling me "my little pregapotamus." I get a good laugh out of that one.
Last night I was getting Z's homework out of his backpack and noticed his coat was REALLY heavy. I had wondered why he didn't want to wear it while he was outside, but I just put more layers on him. Anyway, there is a large zippered pocket in the back of his coat and I opened it up to find two things of glue in there. WTH?? Why would he bring home glue? I gave them to Joe and he asked Z why there were two things of glue in his coat. Z immediately started crying and said he didn't know. Of course not. So I'm stifling a laugh and Joe has this confused look on his face like "why glue??" Anyway, we told him to take it back to his teacher first thing in the morning and apologize for his mistake, that we KNEW he wasn't stealing (semi-stern look) and he wouldn't do it again (turn head so he won't see you laugh).
He also said a friend tore up his "good note" so I had to email his teacher to ask about that. Each day they bring home a good or bad note...and for a few weeks he was tearing up his bad note and dispensing of it before he got home. He ended up being grounded for a week because his behavior was OUT. OF. CONTROL. at school AND at home. Well, as out of control as a 5 year old knows how. ha.
Is this the same kid that brought home the glue??
If you have kids, do they bring home odd things?? Or are they trying to be sneaky now?
3 comments:
oh heck, my son is only three and he's sneaky as a fox. He'll sneak something out of the cupboard and then deny he did it... WHILE STILL HOLDING IT IN HIS HAND. hehe.
PS. thanks for your advice on my "being okay" post. I'm going to take it.
Awww, your little boy is a thief. Ha Ha. I used to teach 3rd grade and my students would always steal scissors. One year I started out with 30 pairs of scissors and 3 months later, I had 0 pairs of scissors.
Our little one is 2, and VERY.MISCHEVIOUS.
Post a Comment