Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm a Beeyotch.

Was sick all weekend and felt like crap. Sinus/allergy stuff...and couldn't take anything but Sudafed and Benadryl. Feel better now, though. Thank goodness. Now hubby is sick. :(

I was at Target checking out on Saturday and had an odd conversation with the cashier.

Cashier: Oh, someone must be pregnant!
Me: Yeah, me.
Cashier (with funny look on her face): You don't look pregnant.
Me: Yeah, guess you need to see my belly.
Cashier: I saw you walk up... you don't look pregnant. Really.
Me (laughing): I'm 7 months and I feel like a hippo. But some of this baby stuff is also for a baby shower I'm going to tomorrow.
Cashier: Well, you really don't look pregnant. How funny!

I smiled as I left until I realized she must think I was just FAT. I've made no secret of my being overweight before getting knocked up, so it's not like I am tiny elsewhere.

At least no strangers have tried to touch my belly yet. I think I'd take them out if they did.

I almost came unglued Sunday evening. Joe took Z to the bathroom at Hastings and left me to rent his movies for him. My purse was stolen back in December so I didn't have my membership card. I gave her my license and my old account came up from when I lived in Fayetteville, going to school. The account was suspended so she was updating my info. She mouthed off when I wouldn't give her my work number. I said, "I'm sorry, I work for the state. And they don't like us to give out our work numbers." She was probably in her 40s and was "In Training" and R O L L E D H E R E Y E S at me. SERIOUSLY!! She said, "I worked for the state for 10 years. Where do you work?" I told her and she just smirked. I said, "Well, I'm sorry, but I'm not giving out a work number for a late video." Then she says I have late charges on two movies I've never even heard of...from 2004!!! I said, "I won't pay those late fees, as I've never heard of those movies. You can delete this account and I'll just have my husband come rent these movies on his account. They're for him anyway." She then calls a manager. My husband and Z walk up about that time and he doesn't ever remember renting those movies either. So we're waiting and waiting and waiting. She then reaches over her register to tickle Z and say, "Well, you didn't confess!!" He sort of laughed but you could tell he was a little uncomfy. I almost came U.N.G.L.U.E.D. I do NOT appreciate strangers (especially RUDE ones) touching my stepson. I held my tongue and went to the restroom to avoid making any snide remarks. I came back and she STILL hadn't finished with my husband. I grumbled, "We're late (for the baby shower) so I'm going to the car." I huffed out and Joe and Z followed a few mins later. (*()*W#&%R#@

I think I'm getting bitchy. Heh.

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

You have every reason to be irked!

Stephanie said...

Eeww, that would have pissed me off too. That isn't bitchy at all. Some people are just jackasses. And that Target lady was out of line. I would have called and turned her in. People really amaze me...they really do!

Sorry you were sick, but happy that you are feeling better. My sinuses are still really bothers me. Like it hurts some times when I sniff my nose. I have one more day of anitbiotics, but if it doesn't get better, I might go have them looked at again.

angie said...

SO not bitchy! I would have totally been annoyed with the woman that was asking for the work number. First of all, I'm at work I don't have time to discuss the late fees that I owe from movies 4 years ago! Write the $4 off and get over it!

I would have been just as annoyed with them both!

Shawna said...

Ah...the same thing happened to me with the whole not looking preggo thing. We added an addition to our house while we were preggo. Lots of construction men and stuff were at the house. One day one of them asked me what the hurry was. This was like 2 days before I had my daughter. I had seen this guy like everyday for weeks. I said "I am due any day now." He said "you are pregnant?" then I made some smart alleck remark like yes, what did you just think I was fat?" and he said YES!!!!! uh...actually I think I said chubby, but anyways.

I think what you said was prefectly fine. I wouldn't want to give my work number out either.

Jen said...

Dude whatever. That lady was a BEOTCH. FOOK HER!! Oh and WTF with the checker at Target?! Ugh.