President's Day rocks. Well, it would've been G R E A T had Z not been acting all whiney all day. His mother had to work so she brought him by Sunday night so I wouldn't have to get up early Monday (thank you!!). He was fine Sunday night. He played with Joe and was in a good mood. He was in bed by 9:00 (30 mins past his normal bedtime) and got up at 8am Monday morning. Joe had school stuff all day so he left and it was just Z and me. I fixed Z breakfast and we were off to a good start. Then the whiney kid made his appearance. ALL DAY. Just to mention a few: using the remote in his room to turn the volume ALL THE WAY UP and then back down. The first two times I attributed this to an accident, as he was probably trying to change the channel and accidentally hit the volume. No big deal. Annoying, but I let it pass. The third time, he left the volume all the way up and I stormed in his room, took away the remote, turned the volume down, and told him if he tore up that tv his Daddy would be very upset. He mouths off a little so I said, "Fine, no more tv. It's a privilege, not a right. And now it's gone." It's an older big screen tv so if something blows up on it, we're out a huge monster tv. And that's Joe's tv. So Z tears up and I am the meanie pants.
A little later he goes outside to play with his friends and then comes back less than ten minutes later. His friends were in one of their backyards and they were picking up toys, etc. Z came home because he didn't want to help. I told him to go back over there because with his help they could finish faster and then play. Z moped back over there. A little later, they're playing out in my front yard and are yelling for another little girl to come play with them. Apparently she isn't hearing them or is confused... so they're telling her to turn around. Then one kid yells, "YOU'RE UGLY!!" and I look out the window and that kid's mom was standing on her front porch and I'm sure heard it. So then Z chimes in, "AND STUPID TOO!!" I was so mad I had to stand there and calm myself down before I opened the door and told him I had better not ever hear him say anything like that again. I told him that he had to apologize to her. He pooched out the bottom lip. When he went outside the first time, I told him he is to not have ANYONE inside. He cannot come in and out, and no friends. I was tired and wanted some peace and quiet. He understood. Next thing I know, I am turning him and his friends away THREE TIMES from jumping on the trampoline in the backyard. Mainly because they all marched into the house and started being rowdy. On the FOURTH time, I was a little annoyed and then they let our Siberian Husky out. I was M A D. This dog, Makana, will NOT come to me...and basically I either have to wait for someone to grab him and call me or wait until he decides to come home and lay at the front door. This is a big deal because huskies do not have that "sense of danger" and they can get run over by a car. The other problem is that he's beautiful and sweet and generally well-behaved so people are tempted to keep him. I told Z to go to his room and that he was grounded until Makana came home safe and sound. An hour later, some neighbor's kids call and say that they have him. I go to get him and they said "he got away. He's down the street." Repeat this three times. Finally, my husband calls and someone has called him and they have him on a leash. I pick him up and they said, "Wow, he's a great dog. If you ever want to get rid of him.... " I laughed. Then I get home and Z is asleep. He slept for F O U R H O U R S. When he finally gets up, the first words I hear are, "I'm hungry." So I fix him something to eat. About 20 mins later, I check on him thinking he must be done. Nope. He's playing with his food. In another 10 mins, he's eaten two more bites but still playing. I tell him he has 10 minutes to finish and then I'm throwing it away. I mean, it was a hot dog and a fruit cup!! Seriously. So he starts sniffling and I just walk away. I come back in 10 minutes and he has a few bites left so I stand there until he finishes them. I watch him take his plate to the sink and then tell him he can go play outside. He plays for a little bit, then comes back for the night and sees me watching tv. A commercial for Deal or No Deal comes on and he says, "What channel is that on? I am going to watch it in my room." I tell him, "No sir. Your tv privileges are suspended until your Daddy says otherwise." He whines and goes to his room. I'm the meanest stepmonster alive.
So when Joe comes home, Z is all bubbly and excited but Joe is tired from school all day and tells Z he needs to " have a chat" with him. They go to Z's room and I make dinner. I guess Joe told him to get over the whiney phase because he's not going to get video games back, to take care of Joe's stuff because if Z breaks it Z will be in B I G T R O U B L E, and blah blah blah.
I texted my neighbor who has 3 kids, the youngest of which is Z's age, and asked her how long this whiney phase lasts. Her response? "At least another 16 years! hahahahah!!" She told me before that all her kids went through the whiney phase during kindergarten. I hope it ends soon because Z is testing my patience. I was so good, though. I am determined to not use my pregnancy as an excuse to be cranky. So I calmly tell him he's in trouble and why... and that he'll explain himself to his Daddy when he gets home. That always works. Well, usually.
This morning I had to take him to my Father-in-Law's house because Z is out of school today too and my FIL is going to watch him. Z was so excited that he nearly tripped twice getting out of my car and getting to the front door. It was cute. I just hope he doesn't drive them nuts today.
Sorry to rant about yesterday... but I was SO PROUD of myself. I was always very calm and had the "sorry, but" attitude. I never even LOOKED annoyed. :) At least not to him.
Now today I have sinus crud....and my ears hurt. And I can't take anything. :( I may stop at Walgreens on my way home and ask the pharmacist to give me sumpin for my misery that won't hurt the behbeh. I guess now *I* am the whiney-butt. sniff.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment