Friday, February 8, 2008

Good and Responsible. Or Something.

So... I'm trying really hard to be good and responsible this year. I've decided that since I'm about to be a "real" parent (aka not just a stepmonster) I need to act like a "real" adult and be responsible. So that means I need to keep the checkbook balanced daily, pay the bills on time or figure out a better budget, saying NO to projects or eating out when we really need to use the money on bills, and I'd really like to get back on a cleaning "schedule" (clean certain rooms on certain days...not including general tidying up). I know I'm a nerd, but since I've been pregnant, I feel like I'm not myself. I no longer remember anything.. I have to use sticky notes for EVERY minor thing. Once I get home from work, I don't want to pay bills, organize ANYthing, and definitely don't want to touch laundry. My brain is scattered. I have become forgetful. And I have no desire to do anything but warm the couch and then eventually go to bed.

SO.

Today I have balanced the checkbooks, created an online registry at Target, began working on a task at work that I dread, and I think it all has to do with the fact that my new ergonomic keyboard came in!!! WOO HOO!! No more burning arms.

NOW.

Tonight when I get home, I shall take a nap, go out to dinner with my boys (Joe and Z, since we have Z this weekend) and work on some laundry. Hubby is going to a fishery because every Friday one of his classes goes on a "trip" and last week they did the same thing. He isn't happy about going, but it will hopefully give Z and me time to take quick naps before Joe comes home growling that he's hungry. :)

This weekend we'll hopefully be working on our closet since we had to give up our "spare" bedroom (now the Nursery). Now we are putting "cubbies" or shelves into it and making it all space-efficient and stuff. I love my handy hubby. :)

OH. Got my car back this morning. YAY!! I only spent $200, but have learned that my air compressor has a leak and now I need to either cough up another $400 or find one in a junkyard for cheaper. Another reason I'm glad I'm married... Joe will take care of this for me. :)

So anyway... now that I'm being productive, I think I'll research the pres candidates so I can figure out who to vote for in November. (Hint: it WON'T be democratic -- so send your hate emails now!)

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I wish I could be a little more good and responsible too. Isn't it hard being an adult? You sound like me with the whole check book balancing thing. I think I got even worse after I had my daughter.