So Sunday, I brought my mom over to see the kids rooms and she was impressed. I took her home and on my way back, I called Joe and said, "I'm almost home. Be ready when I pull up and bring a pickle, please." He said, "Okay," like it was an everyday request. hehe. So I pull up (we're headed to Lowe's to get some stuff) and he comes out with a small jar of pickles for me. I find this really funny. So anyway, on the way to Lowe's I can't get to the bottom two pickles as they are stuck in the bottom of the jar. I look over at Joe helplessly and he takes the bottle, pulls out his pocket knife, and stabs one of the pickles. He hands it to me and I giggle. I mean, he acts like none of this is out of the ordinary. Or maybe I'm just retarded and find something so trivial funny. As we walked through Lowe's, I'm eating a pickle and I saw a few people turn to look at me and grin. Yeah, yeah, I'm a walking cliche. Prego woman eating pickles. Joe doesn't know why Ben & Jerry's hasn't made pickle flavor ice cream. I've not been eating ice cream often, but pickles...yes. :)
My mom bought us a few things from Babies R Us... I'm so excited! We got a few bibs, a box of newborn diapers, a diaper genie ii, and a refill! Yay!!
So I don't know why I'm feeling so overwhelmed right now. Hormones, I guess. But today I started crying at my desk because I think about our debt/bills, if anyone will throw us a shower, the delivery/water breakage, etc. See...none of it is worth worrying about... but for some reason I just want to curl up and cry. So my friend Courtney says that OF COURSE SHE is giving me a shower... but I feel weird EXPECTING it. I'm ridiculous. I need to get over myself. But you know, once Courtney gets married and has babies, SO MANY PEOPLE are going to OWE her for all she's done for them. Good lord, I think of all the people she's done stuff like this for. Anyway...
Ohh. I have the pic of my 25 week u/s. I changed my baby ticker back to 25 weeks instead of 27 just because my doctor is more educated than me. :) Annnd... I tried to scan the u/s pic but it doesn't show up well. So then I took pictures of it...and they were blurry because of the shine of the paper. So here is another pic... little blurry, but better than nothing. :)

She likes to hold her arms up under her chin. Such a cutie!!
3 comments:
The pickle thing cracks me up. It is very nice of Courtney to throw you a shower and you are lucky that you have a friend that will do that for you! :)
You are so funny "bring a pickle."
Hormones are crazy like that.
I slept a lot during my pregnancy too, it was wonderful. Seriously catch up on your sleep now.
Oh yay!! I still bet that you are 27 weeks. Dr's don't know everything- although they do know a LOT.. BUT STILL.
Post a Comment