Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What If....

Whew. I took off work yesterday because the day before I was EXHAUSTED. And then yesterday morning I could barely open my eyes. So I took the day off and SLEPT. Like, more than 12 hours. I eventually got up and did some laundry, dusting, and light cleaning. Then I layed down and relaxed ALL DAY. I feel a lot better. I guess I just needed the rest.

So... now that I'm back to my "original" due date... I'm 27 weeks. Bayley is kicking a LOT this morning.

I got an email from our HR people asking me to stop by and get my FMLA paperwork and we'd discuss how much time I can take off versus how much time I have accrued. I have a lot of time saved up between sick and vacation, so I"m not sure why this makes me nervous. HR is just thorough. So why am I worried?

Also, I keep wondering how the %$#@ I am going to afford daycare for 2 months while Tracy can't watch Bayley. I mean, she can watch her SOMEtimes...but not EVERY day of the week until after school starts. So this is making me worry. What if I can't get into the daycare here at work? What if it's full? What if it costs WAAAAY too much? What if Tracy decides she can't/doesn't want to watch Bayley even after school starts? I can't afford a full time daycare! What if, what if, what if. Enough to make me crazy.

So now.... my next "worry" or "concern" is that I won't get the stroller I registered for, a carseat for our other vehicle, or a highchair. It's REALLY BEYOND ridiculous. I mean, if my prego friends were "worrying" about this stuff, I'd tell them to relax... it will all work out. People will show up to your shower, you'll get gifts, and if you don't get EVERYthing you NEED, you will find a way to purchase it. No big deal. So. I need to take my own freakin' advice.

I wish I could win the lottery I don't play because they don't offer it in my state. That would rock. Why is money such a stressor?

But hey, I am functioning on more rest today. YAY!

Oh...one more thing. Does anyone have the problem of DUST. EVERYWHERE. EVERYDAY. Even after you dust? How the $%#@ does so much dust accumulate in my house? We change the filter monthly, and blah blah blah. So I stopped using pledge on everything. I use it on our table and stuff...but now I use those Swiffer Dusters or whatever they're called. AMAZING. I love it. I don't mind dusting now. Of course, I need a box of 5 for the week. Sheesh. They should give me money for mentioning their product. Then maybe I could afford daycare. In a few months.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

We have a serious DUST problem too.

I thought it was just because our house is old built in the 1950's.

OMG I just had a thought!! WE have dogs YOU have dogs. Maybe it is the DOGS. Our dogs go in and out all day long, maybe they are tracking the dust inside. I don't know though, just a thought.

I worry a lot too, I have no advice on the matter.

Jen said...

Ok I am having the SAME DUST PROBLEM- which a.) could be linked to dogs as I also have a dog or b.) you could need to get your air ducts cleaned out. I think Stanley Steamer does it- do you have Stanley Steamer there?? Carpet cleaners? Anyways- I REALLY need to get it done at our house but it's like $100 so I have been putting it off.. But yeah DUST EVERYWHERE!

Lindz said...

I have dust and I have no flipping idea how to get rid of it. I HATE IT!