Why is it that after a wonderful, fun-filled weekend with plenty of sleep (OMG!), Bayley chooses the night before returning to work to wake up every FIFTEEN MINUTES from 1:30am to 3:30am? Seriously. I guess she just wanted me to snuggle her. I'd get her back to sleep then put her down. 15 mins later, crying again. The cry it out thing doesn't work with her at 2am. Or me. I gave her milk, then later some Tylenol, and lastly ear numbing drops. Something finally kicked in and she zonked back out. I was about to bring her to bed with me because I was too tired to get a cover and sleep in her floor.
Anyway...
I am just thankful to have my sweet little girl. All those less than pleasant moments are still better than none at all. My thoughts and prayers are constantly with Heather and Mike, the parents of the beautiful Madeline, who passed away April 7th. I haven't blogged about it before now, because I cry every time I think about her or talk about her. But the crazy thing is... I have never met her parents, nor did I ever meet Maddie. But you know how this blog world is. You get attached to someone and when you hear about a child's passing, it breaks your heart into a million pieces for that family. Don't think I'm weird, but I think about Maddie a lot and it makes me appreciate Bayley all the more. And I even talk to Bayley about Madeline. I'm not sure why, but I feel its important to remember that sweet little person.

8 comments:
Your Bayley is such a doll. She has beautiful eyes.
Is she teething? Ella use to wake up like that when she got a new tooth.
Hi, I saw your link on Heather and Mike's site. Although I haven't blogged about it, I feel EXACTLY the same way. Strange how stories written and sent into the universe end up finding us and changing us forever.
Your daughter is adorable.
Wonder if she has an ear infection? Bless her heart...I hope she (and you) get some more sleep tonight!
Funny how we get attached to others babies like they were our own and are so affected when something happens. It just tears me apart.
It's certainly a good thing to appreciate what we have. These last few months with all of the loss of little ones have been hard even for those of us who didn't really know them. Scares me to have kids of my own, I don't know that I could cope with something like that.
Breaks my heart. Thanks for the reminder that life is good!
Bayley is so adorable!!! I love her long eyelashes!
Wait... I just looked at that link about the baby that passed away, and I think that picture is of her. Oops! But Bayley is SO precious. Glad she enjoys the bath just like Harper!
I feel the same way when another child passes, or is ill in the hospital. I have often teared up when kissing my children at night knowing some parents are kissing theirs for the last time. It breaks my heart and I am so thankful for every moment with my children... even the hard ones!
Hope you and your Little Love are doing well.
Post a Comment