Friday, May 22, 2009

Yay for 3 day weekends!

Sorry for the lack of posts. But I see that many of you are out doing stuff instead of posting too. :)

My apicoectomy went okay but HOLY CRAP ... I am sore as all get out. The right side of my face is puffy and I look like a one-sided chipmunk. A week later and I still hurt, am still puffy, and miserable. I call the endodontist's office and they called in antibiotics and told me to take the prescription strength amount of motrin. Already feel a lot better today.

Bayley is "cruising" still and her big nasty black eye is finally fading. She's so worn out when she gets home from daycare now that I MUST. FEED. THE. DIVA. as soon as we get home and then she usually falls asleep in her highchair for 20-30 minutes. Then she is so filthy from daycare and dinner that we go play in the front yard with her walker (she zooms across the yard... she LOVES it!) and some of the 6 year olds come to watch and play with her. She eats that up. Then we go take a bath around 8 or 8:30 and into bed around 9. This has her completely exhausted. So she doesn't fight sleep. It's so sweet to snuggle with her for a few minutes and then lay her in her bed, cover her up, and sit next to her bed and rub her arm or leg while she squirms around trying to find the "sleep spot" that makes her most comfy. Kind of like watching a dog walk in circles around the same spot then lay down. hehe. I found that she has this strangely annoying (per my husband) habit of moving her right leg back and forth against the matress and sheets to soothe herself. Hubby HATES when I do that and always tells me to stop. heh. Now we've bred another leg rub soother. woo hoo!

So anyway... no real news (that I can post here)... am thinking about making my blog private so I can REALLY talk about a few things that I never mention on here... but we'll see.

Yesterday when I got home from work, Joe had cleaned the house, done laundry (most of it), and had candles lit when I got home. It was SO relaxing. I come in the door, pass Bayley to him and RUN to the bathroom. My bladder doesn't like my drive home. lol. Then I was able to relax and I was exhausted. He let me take a nap while Bayley was asleep in her highchair. I slept for about 20 minutes and felt better afterwards. As I was going to lay down, he asked, "Can I get you anything?" HOW SWEET!!! I love when he's calm and relaxed and tries to pamper me. Reminds me of why I married him. :) Now he's in school full time in the evenings after working a manual labor job full time all day, so he is always tired and stressed and usually not in the best mood. I cannot wait til he graduates. I won't know what to do with all the attention! Well, maybe I do... heh.

Anyway... YAY FOR THREE DAY WEEKENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Katie Marie said...

If you make it private invite me please.

Also, I have a habit of rubbing my feet on the mattress, couch, wherevere I am sleeping to get to sleep. My son adopted the habit. My husband HATES it, mostly when I rub them on him or jostle the mattress.

Christy said...

I have a weird obsession about wearing socks to bed. And Porgie is the same way. She flips out if one of her socks falls off while she is sleeping.

Have a great weekend!

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad to hear from you and that you're beginning to feel better!!!

I love the leg rubbing story...how cute that she does that :) Glad she's doing well and adjusting to the sleeping good.

If you go private...don't forget me :)Hope you have a great long weekend!

Rachel said...

Way to go Joe. What a great guy.

I am glad you are feeling better too!

Rachel said...

If you go private-can I be included too??? xo

Heidi said...

I am glad your doing better. The leg soothing thing - at least you know she comes by it honestly. And I am in agreement with three day weekends. I have one coming up here soon too!!

Lainey-Paney said...

your hubs totally scored points.
Hopefully your soreness will go away pronto, and so will the little black eye!

Lainey-Paney said...

your pedicure sounds perfect too!