Courtney came by and played with Bayley for an hour, then went to pick up another friend and they took Bayley to McDonalds. They stayed gone for 2 hours and then she came home to me. The hardest part was watching her drive off and seeing Bayley look at me through the window. :( I took a nap and then got up, pacing and waiting for Bayley to come home. :)
Sunday, I asked Courtney about an hour beforehand if she could watch Bayley so Joe and I could go to our first movie together since Bayley has been born. She said YES! And she came over and hung out with her while Joe and I went to see X-Men Origins. Movie was good and Bayley had a great time.
When Courtney left, Bayley's face fell and she put her little hand on the glass and looked at me like she was wondering, "Where'd she go??"
She was so exhausted that I gave her her bath early and she was sound asleep by 7:50pm. I had to wake her up this morning. So cute. :) Thank you, Corkiney!!





9 comments:
I hear ya on the working Mom guilt thing. I always had a hard time leaving H with a babysitter so that I could go have fun.
But I had an even harder time letting people drive with him in their cars. Even my in-laws and parents, it made me SO nervous. Which makes no sense since he was probably safer with them since I am a terrible driver.
I have only let someone watch my kids together (both of them at the same time) once. And I am a stay at home mommy. You always feel guilty!
I always wish I had a little time to myself (particularly when Booga is being particularly tantrum-y) but then my parents will take him for a few hours and I find myself PACING IN FRONT OF THE FRONT WINDOWS WAITING FOR THEM TO DRIVE UP. It's pathetic. I am a total Booga groupie!
It is so good for all parties involved. How cool is that? Didn't you just love all the manly muscles in that movie? Yum!
Hey don't worry I don't leave Allie either! She's adorable though...I wouldn't be able to let her go either :)
Oh and if it makes you feel any better I have never let Allie in the car with anyone else and I probably won't anytime in the next 18 months either :)
You and I both know how AWESOME Courtney is. When I was single with Eliza, Courtney took over for me quite frequently. It's like she's got this sixth sense about when moms need a break, and she eases right in to help without us even realizing it. You are a lucky, lucky lady to be living so close to that wonderful lady. And you yourself are a wonderful, wonderful lady who deserves some "me time" and "hubby time." And Courney was lucky to get to hang out with such a cute little girl!!!!
Beautiful pictures! Sounds like she had a great time.
X-Men was good, wasn't it. Did you stay behind after the previews?
I love the bow-how cute!!
Post a Comment