
Yesterday on my way home, I was in rush hour traffic and realized there must be a wreck ahead of me. I then look in the rearview mirror as I hear sirens, to see a firetruck and some police cars trying to maneuver through the traffic to get to the accident site. I immediately stop where I'm at because I can't really pull over (I'm in the right lane) because I'd block the shoulder. People behind me start honking and as they get around me, I get flipped off a few times. Seriously, people? I realize that everyone else has moved on but I feel obligated to not move so the police and fire rescue can get around me. This was apparently pissing people off. Well, except for the firemen and police who all waved a thank you to me. The firetruck pulled right in front of me and stopped and so I was trying to get into the next lane. Rude JA's wouldn't let me out! Finally after a few minutes, some kind soul let me get on my merry way to get Bayley from daycare.
I know I was making people angry, but that's what a friend of mine told me to do (he's a police officer). He said to stop where I'm at if in rush hour traffic so rescue personnel can get around me. He said don't ever pull into the shoulder. So I did what I was told and people were mean. I just thought that if it were me in the accident then I'd want police and firemen to get to me as quickly as possible. As I passed, I realized it was a 3 car pileup and some people were pretty hurt, as I saw blood on some of them. So I just want to send a silent dirty word to all of you who were rude to me.
Well, I feel better now. :)
6 comments:
Nice to get that off you chest :) People are rude and I find that when it comes to emergency personnel people are incredibly thoughtless sometimes. Good for you!
I can't stand rude drivers. One lady screamed at me - "Skinny bitch!" And I almost flipped her off, but then thought, "Wow, she called me skinny!" So I smiled at her.
Then I flipped her off.
Jack ass drivers make me nuts!
I used to have terrible road rage. Thank goodness having kids put my mouth on MUTE but I do slip from time to time. :) You did the right thing girlfriend.
Have a good night.
omfg that makes me so angry. i ALWAYS stop for fire trucks and ambulances. A friend made fun of me the other day because I stopped at an intersection for an oncoming ambulance, she had to take the laugh back when the ambulance cut right in front of us to turn into a parking lot. HA! Good for you hon for doing the right thing.
You fell into the the "it's all about me" moment. I believe the same thing - if you can't get over you are to stop and now being that I have had to take an ambulance. Pull Over!, is what I have to say because as you said, it could be you in there.
Post a Comment