
Fall is my favorite time of year: leaves changing colors, the smell of burning leaves, roasting marshmallows and hotdogs, and the cool, crisp air as night falls earlier.
Last night we had our first taste of it. Hubby built a firepit this summer and we're just now able to really use it. We let Z stay up 30 mins later and we roasted hotdogs for dinner and marshmallows for dessert. He exclaimed, "This is the best night of my life!!" Even a neighor kid who we often hire to mow our yard and help with odd jobs around the house stayed and roasted marshmallows with us. He said the fire was relaxing and he helped Z blow out his marshmallows when he'd catch them on fire.
It was so awesome. It wasn't cool outside but it wasn't hot either. It was perfect. Except that Bay was sound asleep in her crib instead of outside with us and those damn mosquitos.
6 comments:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Fall. It finally started to cool down yesterday and the leaves are already turning red.
That sounds like a perfect night!!! My parents have a gas fire pit in their back yard that is awesome. Now I want one! I can't wait for all the fall colors!
Fall IS the best.
blue jeans & long sleeve t-shirts. Not to hot, not too cool. Perfect!
This sounds like so much fun! I never used to like fall all that much but the past few years I have learned to love it!!
Sounds like such a wonderful time. And so sweet that your hubby felt and said that as well. Did you make smores too?
What no invite? That sounds heavenly. We are still experiencing hot weather and probably will for awhile. I can't wait for cooler weather and roasted marshmallows. Oh, awesome!
Post a Comment