Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ramblings 1....

Still no ideas for 100th post yet, but oh well.

Hurricane Gustav is in Louisiana and it makes me sad. A good friend of mine lives there and has to stay for work. He's staying at a training facility and he says it's nice there. It's like a hotel with catering, but still. His wife and 3 boys are in Arkansas without him. That makes me sad for all of them.

We have received tons of patients in Arkansas and a few here at our hospital. One of our docs is going to New Orleans to help triage NICU patients for transport. How sweet is THAT??? I have a huge respect for pediatricians but especially ones that help the VERY VERY sick babies and small kids. I so could not do that. Not in a million years.

On a side note, we took Bayley to Babies R Us this weekend and put her in an exersaucer just to see her reaction. She's still a little small for it, but she was ECSTATIC about being able to sit up on her "own" and look around at things to play with. She's still a little young for it but we definitely wanted to get it for her. My husband and mom talked me out of it, so I emailed my Dad who purchased it for her and is having it shipped!! I am SO excited. This is it. So our next item to get her is a highchair. She doesn't need it yet but it's something she'll need soon. I can't wait. I have decided to go against our neutral and earthy toned color palatte and go with this. After all, it's to entertain her, not look good and "go" with our house decor.

She's growing up and it's so exciting to watch, but sad at the same time. Because before I know it, she'll be driving and going out on dates (if we can get her out of the bedroom her Daddy will no doubt lock her into to keep boys away).

5 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

I work in a hospital & we've had a bunch of Gustav patients too. Not like Katrina, but still....

Christy said...

We have the Baby Einstein exersaucer and both of my kids LOVED it. Great purchase.

Stephanie said...

Oh that looks like so much fun!!! She will be able to sit in there soon enough.

Heidi said...

I saw a high chair on Martha that actually sat at the table so the baby wasn't apart from the rest of the family. I think that would be nice too. I love your idea about the colors - have fun! It passes so fast.

misguidedmommy said...

i love the high chair. even if she can't "use" it now, she can still sit in it while you guys eat dinner and play with some water or paper or toys and just learn about dinner and watch you guys...and give you a free arm!

it also works great for doing dishes and stuff give her a cup with a bit of water to splash in